Klir Filter Review.

Jiri Kocourek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Can you send me the exact width of the Di-7 filter roll to find an alternative in Europe please. Maybe Clarisea has the same. Thank you for help

Jiri Kocourek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Can you send me the exact width of the Di-7 filter roll to find an alternative in Europe please. Maybe Clarisea has the same. Thank you for help

n4soccer06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to purchase the Di-4 or pair of them but I concerned after reading through this post and others. at least from this post, it seems there is a solution to get it working correctly. In trying to sum up the changes that need to be made by the end user. The following need to happen:

1 - At the bottom the corners need to rounded
2 - Making sure it comes with the new controller
3 - Optical sensor should be vertical and away from incoming water.

What else am I missing?

It seems a lot of extra force is required from the motor because the clean roll gets wet as the old rolls up above it. As anyone thought about creating a divider between the dirty roller and clean roller to stop the clean roller from getting wet. If this could be done, it should limit the extra force required from the motor. Any thoughts?

raultsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had mine for about a week. Seems to be working good. My only issue is with the diverter cap. It pops up every time i turn off the pumps

SaltMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I see some pictures of your fleece take-up roll, the dirty side and do you notice an increase of detritus in your sump since using the Klir? Here is mine.
Klir Top.JPG
Klir Side.JPG

Jo P White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I see some pictures of your fleece take-up roll, the dirty side and do you notice an increase of detritus in your sump since using the Klir? Here is mine.
Klir Top.JPG
Klir Side.JPG
I notice my fleece being dirtier than that, but my sump has a ton of detritus and hair algae in it since I started using the Klir filter in September. It also doesn’t sit in the filter sock hole 100% and the other rings are too big so there is always some water leaking past the unit’s filtration. If I bump the unit any the leaking is worse.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Klir Top.JPG
Klir Side.JPG
I am having the same issue. Ever since I started using Klir I have been seeing way more detritus in my sump. I’ve been using it for over 6 months now and had many issues with this filter. Either the fleece gets caught on something then rips or the controller burns out. I’ve been thinking about the Clarisea lately. The detritus is driving me crazy.

Jo P White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely more detritus in my sump as well. And the stupid diverter keeps coming off.

8F377BFD-6F45-457F-9ED0-1BC270994C03.jpeg

B5F31338-F5A8-43EC-B9C9-9CC2DF4A760B.jpeg
The unit seems to allow for way too much seepage, there are too many spots for water to bypass the actual filter. For me, this is a major flaw. The diverting cap and filter rings should have some sort of silicone seal to prevent water from getting by. I think The looseness of the rolls inside the unit also contribute to a lack of water tight seal.

PatReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like some of you, I had problems with a motor too weak to wind the roll of fleece and problems with the controller. My attempts to solve my problem with CoralVue did not work.

I share with you the changes I made to eliminate my worries with this equipment. Already having an Apex Neptune controller, the task was not complicated. I bought a more powerful 24v gearmotor and used an optical level sensor directly plugged into my FMM (motor and optical sensor).

Advantages:
- no more engine power problems
- integration with my apex system
- easy alarms programming that can be received where I am (cell)
- remote interaction in case of problem.

Motor: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072L157JT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Capture.PNG

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where the modifications to use the stronger gear motor hard to do?
TIA

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like some of you, I had problems with a motor too weak to wind the roll of fleece and problems with the controller. My attempts to solve my problem with CoralVue did not work.

I share with you the changes I made to eliminate my worries with this equipment. Already having an Apex Neptune controller, the task was not complicated. I bought a more powerful 24v gearmotor and used an optical level sensor directly plugged into my FMM (motor and optical sensor).

Advantages:

Motor: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072L157JT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Capture.PNG

Would love to get some instructions on how you did this?

PatReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where the modifications to use the stronger gear motor hard to do?
TIA
The most complicated, even if it was not, was to adapt the engine to the mounting plate. I had to enlarge the shaft hole and make 4 new hole to screw the motor on the plate. You also have to adapt the hole of the black core with shaft dimension (need to enlarge a litle bit)
An hour of work and everything was functional.

PatReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to get some instructions on how you did this?
1- Remove the Klire motor.
2 - Adapt the new motor on the support plate, see my previous post. I use MECANO srew to fix it!
3- Adapt the black core of the soiled fleece for the engine shaft which is a little bigger. (I will reuse this core for the next change of fleece roll)
4- Buy ''Neptune Systems DC24 to Bare Wire Cable'' or DYI and connect it to the motor, check the direction of rotation before final connection.
5- Use a optical level sensor for a point in Apex program.

If you have more specific questions, do not hesitate

Neptune prog:
Klir = optical sensor
Level_Klir = vitual output to manage overflow if optical sensor(Klir) are on > 2 min.

Capture.JPG

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of where you mounted the optical sensor? I’m really trying to use my Klir for my tank but the optical sensor that comes with it sits too high up in my sump

OP
OP
J

jrizo1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Advantages:

Capture.PNG

PatReef good job. this brings it to a new level.
here is an an idea. what if we have it automatically roll every 4 hours and have the sensor just as a back up. Just an idea

can you post pictures of the sensor please
thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back