KLIR fleece roller triggers ATO

Trailermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KLIR filter is working well without any of the standard problems experienced by many users.
I have another issue. When the unit runs briefly and exposes fresh fleece, the water level above the sock tray drops close to 3/4”. This “floods” the return chamber and triggers the high water alarm of my Tunze ATO.
any suggestions?

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know which model of the Tunze You have but on some models You can move the high level sensor higher up or the low level sensor longer down on the mounting disk.

Some models have a build in timer to get a good smallest amount of water in every fill so the pump does not start every 5 minutes. That amount is possible to reduce if you put a clamp on the hose so the flow from the refill pump is reduced.

OP
OP
T

Trailermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Stigigemia for guidance. Yes, I have maxed out the high and low sensors of the Tunze but thereturn chamber still overflows when the KLIR dumps (i.e. motor pulses and moves the fleece). Perhaps this would not happen if, by coincidence, the return chamber is almost to its lowest level before the ATO calls for make-up water.

I am considering drilling the optical sensor slot of the KLIR allowing the eye to be slightly lower and triggering the motor sooner.

Any thoughts on this from other KLIR users?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Stigigemia for guidance. Yes, I have maxed out the high and low sensors of the Tunze but thereturn chamber still overflows when the KLIR dumps (i.e. motor pulses and moves the fleece). Perhaps this would not happen if, by coincidence, the return chamber is almost to its lowest level before the ATO calls for make-up water.

I am considering drilling the optical sensor slot of the KLIR allowing the eye to be slightly lower and triggering the motor sooner.

Any thoughts on this from other KLIR users?

Premium aquatics has a magnetic remote sensor for $10.

Also, i just bought a second magnetic mount for my tunze sensor.... then you can adjust high and low levels all u want.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back