Kole tang

Daniella19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, im looking for some advice please.
We got a yellowed eyed kole tang on March 25th and we had an existing brown scopa tang.
The scopa was chasing the kole tang and after a week he left him alone. Now he’s chasing the kole tang again and this morning the kole tang hat a big wound. How can we stop the scopa tang from biting the kole tang? Thanks

07AC8E73-C8EA-4F3D-A895-ED9601E45513.png

Mmun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, im looking for some advice please.
We got a yellowed eyed kole tang on March 25th and we had an existing brown scopa tang.
The scopa was chasing the kole tang and after a week he left him alone. Now he’s chasing the kole tang again and this morning the kole tang hat a big wound. How can we stop the scopa tang from biting the kole tang? Thanks

07AC8E73-C8EA-4F3D-A895-ED9601E45513.png
Are there other fish in there? If not that might help. You can move all the rocks around to change up boundaries. Take the scopas tang out and either put him in acclimation box, sump, qt tank for a few days then put him back into the tank

OP
OP
Daniella19

Daniella19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there other fish in there? If not that might help. You can move all the rocks around to change up boundaries. Take the scopas tang out and either put him in acclimation box, sump, qt tank for a few days then put him back into the tank
Thanks for the answer :)
Yes we have more fish in there but the others seem to be friendly to the kole tang.
i think the only option i habe now is put him in the sump.
That will be ok for the scopas? And how long should I leave him there ?

bigdrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a similar issue between my yellow and my tomini. Rearranging the aquascape really helped my situation out. No issues since.

Mmun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answer :)
Yes we have more fish in there but the others seem to be friendly to the kole tang.
i think the only option i habe now is put him in the sump.
That will be ok for the scopas? And how long should I leave him there ?
try rearranging rocks first if possible. If it’s a reef you might not be able too. Prob a week in sump.
The mirror trick someone suggested might work too

OP
OP
Daniella19

Daniella19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a similar issue between my yellow and my tomini. Rearranging the aquascape really helped my situation out. No issues since.
Thanks,
I did the mirror thing too and I didn’t help. I can’t reshape the rocks because we glued them together. I put him in the sump now

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got to use a big mirror, like 1/2 the front of the tank or cove the whole side of the tank. so that the Scopa cannot help but see himself. Tiny mirror isn't going to help because he can't see it.

OP
OP
Daniella19

Daniella19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update-
Saturday I placed the scopas in the sump and the yellow eyed tang seemed to be happier. Now the yellow eyed tang died today :-( maybe he was too weak already with the wounds. The scopas looks really stressed and I think he got ich ☹️

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With tangs and angels suggest separating for several weeks. That’s how long it took for me on multiple occasions. Even then no guarantees...good luck...

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back