Kschweer: 57 rimless build

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks dude! Like usual I would hate to admit how many I took to get those few decent ones.

That's the name of the game haha! I take seriously 60 pics before I get a couple I'm happy with.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the name of the game haha! I take seriously 60 pics before I get a couple I'm happy with.
Yea I probably took about that. Still really want to pick up a decent camera one of these days.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I probably took about that. Still really want to pick up a decent camera one of these days.

One of the best things I did, I picked mine up at a pawn shop for $60, no lens or batteries though. I got a stock lens and batteries off ebay for another $40.

Then I got my nice Macro lens, and that has been worth every penny

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best things I did, I picked mine up at a pawn shop for $60, no lens or batteries though. I got a stock lens and batteries off ebay for another $40.

Then I got my nice Macro lens, and that has been worth every penny
I'm going to have to keep an eye out. That sounds like a good deal!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catching up on my reading. the tank look very, very nice. Also look at Costco for cameras, we scored a really good deal. Next month 60mm micro lens and I might make it to the local camera club for a meeting to see if I can score a deal on equipment and some pointers.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catching up on my reading. the tank look very, very nice. Also look at Costco for cameras, we scored a really good deal. Next month 60mm micro lens and I might make it to the local camera club for a meeting to see if I can score a deal on equipment and some pointers.
Thank you! I'll definitely keep Costco in mind.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ran into problems with like n03 or p04 rising from removing the sand bed??
So far so good. Po4 jumped a tiny bit but I'm not sure I can blame the sand removal. It has dropped back down since.

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice scoly for sure. I got into them pretty bad a couple years ago!

I don't think you'll mind barebottom. I always loved the look of sand, but when I ran a bb tank, I never really thought twice about it.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice scoly for sure. I got into them pretty bad a couple years ago!

I don't think you'll mind barebottom. I always loved the look of sand, but when I ran a bb tank, I never really thought twice about it.
Thanks man! I'm starting to get used to the look. That's why I left the large bare spot to see what I would think. I'll probably be slowly removing the rest in the near future.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank coming man?
Yo man! Tank is doing pretty well. Work is crazy this time of year so it's kind of on auto pilot. Did a water change and some other small things today. I'll see if I can get some pictures later. How's things with you?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
183be1cb433bd53c29a91a00cf363f70.jpg
Well I know about the auto pilot thing haha. Glad everything is doing good.
I set up this five gallon until I'm ready to do the biocube. I like the challenge of a smaller tank, and the fact that it's such a small fraction of the ocean. I don't think there's any water in it in that photo yet.
But that's where I'm at

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
183be1cb433bd53c29a91a00cf363f70.jpg
Well I know about the auto pilot thing haha. Glad everything is doing good.
I set up this five gallon until I'm ready to do the biocube. I like the challenge of a smaller tank, and the fact that it's such a small fraction of the ocean. I don't think there's any water in it in that photo yet.
But that's where I'm at
Nice man! Good luck with it!!

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragged some Zoa colonies to try and clear some space tonight. Also thinking of redoing the rock work some. I like how it looks just want something new and hopefully with some more frag space. Thinking of removing the rock with the large encrusting monti.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mama jawbreaker a little ticked off. I fragged a small baby from the underside of the plug.

2 blue+
image.jpeg

Reefbrite
image.jpeg
Haha looks awesome, for some reason mine arent getting any bigger, they are just dropping babys every chance they get. How many little guys are under there?

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha looks awesome, for some reason mine arent getting any bigger, they are just dropping babys every chance they get. How many little guys are under there?
This one did the same thing for a while. It's settled down now and is growing pretty well. I would guess there's 4-5 directly under it and another 2-3 on the backside of the plug. I have been playing with different lighting with the babies. I'm surprised how much light they will tolerate. This guy is probably 4-6" under the water and is doing fine.
image.jpeg

I have noticed that it doesn't grow as quick as the ones lower.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back