Lagoon 50 AIO Return Pump

Architeuthis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice/recommendations to upgrade the stock Innovative Marine Lagoon 50 AIO return pump. Something that's more powerful and will still fit in the back of the tank. Input from anyone who's upgraded the same tank or a similar AIO would be greatly appreciated!

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice/recommendations to upgrade the stock Innovative Marine Lagoon 50 AIO return pump. Something that's more powerful and will still fit in the back of the tank. Input from anyone who's upgraded the same tank or a similar AIO would be greatly appreciated!
How much stronger of a return do you want? And budget?

There’s lots of options that will still fit. I personally recommend the ecotech vectra s2 for that tank. It’s a moderate 1,400 gph at $299. It will also give you wireless capabilities and is a VERRRY quiet pump. Ecotech also has great customer support if you ever have issues and it even has a 1 year warranty. (No, this is not an infomercial and I’m not sponsored by ecotech LOL). If you want something more budget wise, the IM mighty jet would be a great option for the price. It’s essentially the same platform as the jebao dc return pumps but IM is a much more reputable brand.

SacReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an IM Lagoon 50 (AIO version) with two IM Mighty Jets (both fit in the back without any issues). One would be sufficient but having the second one as a backup (incase of a failure) or if you want to use it for a media reactor is nice. At full power you get a little over 1,050 GPH which is way more than what is needed for this size of a tank. They are fairly quiet pumps and haven't had any issues with them. You also could get two of these for less money than Vectra s2 (although if you are planning on upgrading your tank in the future...it might still be a worthwhile upgrade to consider).

Oriti352

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an IM Lagoon 50 (AIO version) with two IM Mighty Jets (both fit in the back without any issues). One would be sufficient but having the second one as a backup (incase of a failure) or if you want to use it for a media reactor is nice. At full power you get a little over 1,050 GPH which is way more than what is needed for this size of a tank. They are fairly quiet pumps and haven't had any issues with them. You also could get two of these for less money than Vectra s2 (although if you are planning on upgrading your tank in the future...it might still be a worthwhile upgrade to consider).
Did you have micro bubbles going into the display from to much water being pushed? I had to take the 2nd one out and just run one

Matteo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM mighty jet is your best bet. Use on now on my Nuvo 40 for a year now and it is absolutely silent. 1 or 2 would do just fine

Oriti352

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM mighty jet is your best bet. Use on now on my Nuvo 40 for a year now and it is absolutely silent. 1 or 2 would do just fine
Thats what I have. But then I had them both hooked up it was putting a lot of bubbles in the tank. I'm not sure if it was just too much water being pushed

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back