Large Bristle Worms of Fire Worms Bite Fish?

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever witnessed this happening? My Foxface tail went from perfect to tattered looking though he is the only larger fish in the tank and no one squabbles at all that I’ve seen. There are several large worms and I’m wondering if they will nip a sleeper.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever witnessed this happening? My Foxface tail went from perfect to tattered looking though he is the only larger fish in the tank and no one squabbles at all that I’ve seen. There are several large worms and I’m wondering if they will nip a sleeper.

What fish are in the tank? Any new additions? What size tank? Bristleworms can cause irritation but I don’t think they would cause what you are describing. Pics would help tremendously

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's with the attitude mate the other reefers where only trying to help you.

Right... If you know better, why are you asking? @ngoodermuth is quite knowledgeable and, based on what you're describing, flukes could be the cause. Bristleworms will rarely attack a fish of that size, much less a rabbit fish, which most creatures know to avoid on account of it being venomous.

As others have said, pictures would help come up with something more definitive.

Last edited:

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's OK, it was just a suggestion... doesn't mean he has to take it ;) Good luck with your fish, OP! Hopefully you find the culprit

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back