large tanks from glasscages com?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I ended up going acrylic on my current behemoth, I did initially winnow my list of glass tanks down to Miracles and C2C. Really does seem that both are at the top of the quality curve.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate all the conversations and honesty.

During October of 2019 there was a major transformation at Glass Cages.

Glass Cages Transformation:
  • Leadership Change
  • Quality Assurance with QA Check Points
  • Digital Production Tracking
  • Improved Customer Service
  • CAD drawing and approval processes
  • Major Investments in Fabrication Equipment
  • Polished Edges are now standard on all builds

We are not stopping with these improvements. Please see our reviews after October 2019 on Facebook, google and Reef2Reef. We have asked our new customers to share the truth. Knowing the truth allows us to reinforce the good and correct our challenges.

I am so excited and proud of our Glass Cages Team. We look forward to hearing from you about how we can serve you better now in the future.

Gw2kpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

• Leadership Change

We are not stopping with these improvements. Please see our reviews after October 2019 on Facebook, google and Reef2Reef. We have asked our new customers to share the truth. Knowing the truth allows us to reinforce the good and correct our challenges.

I am so excited and proud of our Glass Cages Team. We look forward to hearing from you about how we can serve you better now in the future.
Good to see a company engaging with it's customers!

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

• Leadership Change

i will definitely be contacting you directly once i have an exact plan of attack.

thank you for your response and i agree it is very refreshing to see a company directly interact.

part of thevreason i love this forum

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol any time, I'm an open book for any questions about it. FWIW Miracles is also the only other company you can order the original Ghost overflow from Reef Savvy with. :)
Miracles tanks are beautiful. Wanted to share that Glass Cages supports the Ghost overflows from Reef Savvy as well. We have recommended Reef Savvy Overflows for some time now. Excellent product. We look forward to serving. Glass Cages is raising the bar on quality at a reasonable price. Let us know how we can serve you better.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miracles tanks are beautiful. Wanted to share that Glass Cages supports the Ghost overflows from Reef Savvy as well. We have recommended Reef Savvy Overflows for some time now. Excellent product. We look forward to serving. Glass Cages is raising the bar on quality at a reasonable price. Let us know how we can serve you better.

Hey Joe,

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know you could order Ghost Overflows from Reef Savvy from you guys?

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages I am in the middle of the road between glass and acrylic. Acrylic because of the quote I got, glass because of the quote I got from you guys :)
But I am little bit concerned about feedback you got from people here. I understand and appreciate adjusting to the market and you decided to made changes in the company. But those changes were made few months ago and I haven't found many opinions since then, good nor bad.
I am the customer, I pull the trigger and pay you. We are all in the position to demand at least decent quality and a product which just works as designed. If you guys were local for me then I would not think twice and just make a purchase but its a 9hr of driving for me so just in case I cannot call you and ask to stop by. In my case tank has to be shipped and what I can see in the warranty is little bit disturbing:

Chipping and breakage are not caused by manufactured defects and therefore are not warranted and no free replacement is available
So if the shipping company broke it basically I pay for damage.

All aquariums must be set up on commercially manufactured stands only
90% here build their stands. The standard in most cases is much way better then "professional" because people want to have the best stand and they mostly tripple safety factors. Marineland for instance has a set with stand and those stands are tiny for 75g tanks. So just in case, 90% of us are out of warranty.

If the aquarium is defective within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, return it to Glasscages.com LLC, along with sales receipt. Provided the aquarium has no broken or chipped glass or altered sealant, Glasscages.com LLC, will replace the aquarium at no charge, shipping not included.
Worst case scenario is I miss something during the post shipping inspection or it leaks. Then I need to ship it back to you for around $350 and pay another $350 to ship it to me again?

Please don't get me wrong, I just find a big tanks a huge financial challenge for me and I cannot afford to get it wrong. I am not saying things are going wrong but they can and then the customer has a problem. few hundred pounds, 8 feet long problem. And ticked wife :)

I read and watched youtube videos about acrylic tanks and they are not that bad if people care about them, buff them once a while. If it was 50g tank I would not think long and just go to Petco for $50 glass tank but 240g is a big deal, it is a long term commitment and a risk for $$$ we put in our tanks in time and for the house itself.

dang, if there was only one type of tanks, it would be much easier choice :)

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages I am in the middle of the road between glass and acrylic. Acrylic because of the quote I got, glass because of the quote I got from you guys :)
But I am little bit concerned about feedback you got from people here. I understand and appreciate adjusting to the market and you decided to made changes in the company. But those changes were made few months ago and I haven't found many opinions since then, good nor bad.
I am the customer, I pull the trigger and pay you. We are all in the position to demand at least decent quality and a product which just works as designed. If you guys were local for me then I would not think twice and just make a purchase but its a 9hr of driving for me so just in case I cannot call you and ask to stop by. In my case tank has to be shipped and what I can see in the warranty is little bit disturbing:

So if the shipping company broke it basically I pay for damage.

90% here build their stands. The standard in most cases is much way better then "professional" because people want to have the best stand and they mostly tripple safety factors. Marineland for instance has a set with stand and those stands are tiny for 75g tanks. So just in case, 90% of us are out of warranty.

Worst case scenario is I miss something during the post shipping inspection or it leaks. Then I need to ship it back to you for around $350 and pay another $350 to ship it to me again?

Please don't get me wrong, I just find a big tanks a huge financial challenge for me and I cannot afford to get it wrong. I am not saying things are going wrong but they can and then the customer has a problem. few hundred pounds, 8 feet long problem. And ****** wife :)

I read and watched youtube videos about acrylic tanks and they are not that bad if people care about them, buff them once a while. If it was 50g tank I would not think long and just go to Petco for $50 glass tank but 240g is a big deal, it is a long term commitment and a risk for $$$ we put in our tanks in time and for the house itself.

dang, if there was only one type of tanks, it would be much easier choice :)

sounds like this option isnt suited for you. buy an acrylic tank.

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

can you share some pictures of a tank maybe finished today. id like to see the polished edges and current build quality. preferably a euro braced one

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can you share some pictures of a tank maybe finished today. id like to see the polished edges and current build quality. preferably a euro braced one
Drool worthy! I promise.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How can you serve me better? Sponsor me and I'll start a coral farm at my house using all glass cages equipment.

It's really good to see you engaging with customers on here. And from how the post are worded, it's an actual person writing them, not just copy and paste from pre written customer service language.

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you serve me better? Sponsor me and I'll start a coral farm at my house using all glass cages equipment.

It's really good to see you engaging with customers on here. And from how the post are worded, it's an actual person writing them, not just copy and paste from pre written customer service language.

sponsor me too. lol

im starting my business now, and i promise everyone will be impressed with our mission statement.

Nep2nRevision3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share that Glass Cages supports the Ghost overflows from Reef Savvy as well. We have recommended Reef Savvy Overflows for some time now. Excellent product. We look forward to serving. Glass Cages is raising the bar on quality at a reasonable price. Let us know how we can serve you better
Just curious, do you guys stock the Ghost Overflows? They seem to be pretty hard to come by these days.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure... I will attach a few pictures. Thanks for asking. One of our helpers in one one of the pictures, sorry about that.....

IMG_8681.jpeg IMG_9265.jpeg IMG_9270.jpeg IMG_9276.jpeg IMG_9367.jpeg IMG_9370.jpeg IMG_9373.jpeg IMG_9375.jpeg

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, do you guys stock the Ghost Overflows? They seem to be pretty hard to come by these days.
Sorry if I did share clearly. We have all of the most used third-party overflow templates and can prep your build to support the overflow of your choice. I hope that helps. Some are hard to get a hold of, agreed.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sure.... We love this hobby. Very passionate about supporting those that want to get in to the hobby as well as those that have many years in the journey. Thanks for the support and we look forward to supporting you.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back