Large white spot on flame angelfish

Jd2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just had a question on this spot that I just noticed on my flame angel that is in qt. Does it look like ich? Looks to big to be ich to me but I’m not sure. Still eating well and is active.

E6BAF852-E4CE-43DD-9EFE-878A1D293AFD.jpeg 47260E7E-41E7-4229-8953-15DD60D0DDA8.jpeg 772938E9-5F9C-4152-8D98-AB1BEEAD9847.jpeg
 
Hello everyone, I just had a question on this spot that I just noticed on my flame angel that is in qt. Does it look like ich? Looks to big to be ich to me but I’m not sure. Still eating well and is active.

E6BAF852-E4CE-43DD-9EFE-878A1D293AFD.jpeg 47260E7E-41E7-4229-8953-15DD60D0DDA8.jpeg 772938E9-5F9C-4152-8D98-AB1BEEAD9847.jpeg
While it looks like lympho, the overall fish seems to have a bacterial issue in progress from looks of skin. Lympho is viral and the skin condition indicates an issue with water quality.
What test kits are you using and what is your current ammonia-nitrate-ph levels?
Is fish eating ?
Type of filtration?
 
Upvote 0
While it looks like lympho, the overall fish seems to have a bacterial issue in progress from looks of skin. Lympho is viral and the skin condition indicates an issue with water quality.
What test kits are you using and what is your current ammonia-nitrate-ph levels?
Is fish eating ?
Type of filtration?
I thought that too, but looking at the two pics I think it’s just dirt on the glass, unless you are seeing something else.
 
Upvote 0
The spot on the top of the back looks like lymphocystis - a viral infection related to water quality, changes, etc. If you mean something else please point it out:)
 
Upvote 0
Ok, from research I also thought it was lympho. I will try to get better pics the glass on my tank is dirty on the outside and I should’ve cleaned it before I took pics. I’m using the API master saltwater kit, ammonia is about .25, Nitrates around 15-20(they are very high where I live) and ph about 8.4. Filtration is a aqueon quiteflow 20. Yes the fish eats everything I give it, flakes pellets and frozen.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new