OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go... I actually never noticed the logo. If the lights are on, it is almost impossible to see. The tank is a Waterbox 5526 Peninsula. The logo is on the end opposite the overflow. I very much enjoy knowing I purchased a genuine Waterbox. As for the Waterbox customer service, second to none. Great company.

Lid.jpg Lights Off small 2.jpg Lights on small.jpg Aquarium 2.jpg

Yeah, in my opinion it takes away from your tank, sorry. Also are people seriously worried about buy illegitimate tanks from companies? Why would Waterbox need a laser etching to prove the aquariums on their own website are official Waterbox aquariums? lol

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would be more concerned with there new jacked up prices and shipping fees being a copy of the red sea. The customer service is nearly identical and plumbing a water box is a pain in the butt talking to the customer service is no help on this ever. The tanks are rarely in stock and all there stuff
Care to elaborate?
thr first issue I had with them was I ordered one then they did the price spike and so they canceled my order since it was a mistake and I shouldn’t have gotten that price which I was like fine then they charged that 150 shipping fee which for a tank that cost a lot
Then I had issue with the plumbing were it was leaking getting a replacement wasn’t a issue so no complaint there. The tank is a very good tank very clear and not many complains on the build quality but the customer service is heavy lacking. Over all the things that drew me to waterbox the “better customer service” the “better bang for buck” ended up not being that way so over all with the new price spikes and doing the little things like the engraved logo on the front I would if I did it again today but a Red Sea and waterbox is pretty much a copy of Red Sea so i thought the big selling point was they were going to do something different and I’ve fail to see that

Last edited by a moderator:

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, in my opinion it takes away from your tank, sorry. Also are people seriously worried about buy illegitimate tanks from companies? Why would Waterbox need a laser etching to prove the aquariums on their own website are official Waterbox aquariums? lol
Could not agree less - you virtually have to get within 6 inches of the tank upon close inspection to even see it which I believe the picture illustrates. And - the logo means quality from a brand name not illegitimate. Hey, move on if you don't want the logo. It's not brain surgery. This whole thread is a waste of energy. Best to you. (PS - I took the time to take/send the pictures you asked for - no need to be rude.)

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could not agree less - you virtually have to get within 6 inches of the tank upon close inspection to even see it which I believe the picture illustrates. And - the logo means quality from a brand name not illegitimate. Hey, move on if you don't want the logo. It's not brain surgery. This whole thread is a waste of energy. Best to you. (PS - I took the time to take/send the pictures you asked for - no need to be rude.)

How was I being rude? You said the logo gave you comfort because you "very much appreciated knowing that you purchased a genuine Waterbox".

My question is that are some companies selling illegitimate tanks or something? If I buy a tank from Red Sea, should I be concerned that its not a genuine Red Sea product because they don't have a logo in the glass? For arguments sake, let's say Waterbox didn't have the logo, would you then be concerned that purchasing an aquarium through Waterbox's website could potentially be an illegitimate Waterbox product?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go... I actually never noticed the logo. If the lights are on, it is almost impossible to see. The tank is a Waterbox 5526 Peninsula. The logo is on the end opposite the overflow. I very much enjoy knowing I purchased a genuine Waterbox. As for the Waterbox customer service, second to none. Great company.

Lid.jpg Lights Off small 2.jpg Lights on small.jpg Aquarium 2.jpg
That's it? Really?

@TexanReefer, what did Waterbox do to you?

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it? Really?

@TexanReefer, what did Waterbox do to you?

huh? Waterbox never did anything to me, this whole thread has gotten out of hand with Waterbox supporters losing it over someone who disagrees with them. I simply just asked if the product could be made without the watermark and Waterbox supporters got worked up over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

paal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand that some will consider it an eyesore no matter how discrete it is.
If not including it was an option when ordering, I would have removed it 100%, but it would not be a deal breaker for me.

About it being a sign of authenticity, I remember ELOS had issues with fake tanks being sold a few years back.
Did a quick google search:

ELOS.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back