Lasses Dream Build

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse and @Brew12 , they're back. Every once in a while, most of the time when a new banner is added, the build thread banner tends to disappear. It is something you can actually put back yourself. Copy your build thread link and paste it on your profile page, account details, on your account.
Thanks!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse and @Brew12 , they're back. Every once in a while, most of the time when a new banner is added, the build thread banner tends to disappear. It is something you can actually put back yourself. Copy your build thread link and paste it on your profile page, account details, on your account.

Thanks

Tank update - we have a heat wave here - you will probably laugh you pants of you but 29 C is a heatwave here in Sweden :p We are not constructed for these outdoors temperatures - 20 - 23 degree C is perfect for a swede but my neighbor from Syria says - now its time to be outside :D

However - my tank is doing great - temperature swings between 25.4 (wanted temperature) and 26.4 degree C - is fair enough

I was rinsing my refugium today throwing away a lot of Caulerpa like algae. Got them in a year ago and they grow like weed and holding back my chaeto, ow is mostly chaeto in the fuge.

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

Tank update - we have a heat wave here - you will probably laugh you pants of you but 29 C is a heatwave here in Sweden :p We are not constructed for these outdoors temperatures - 20 - 23 degree C is perfect for a swede but my neighbor from Syria says - now its time to be outside :D

However - my tank is doing great - temperature swings between 25.4 (wanted temperature) and 26.4 degree C - is fair enough

I was rinsing my refugium today throwing away a lot of Caulerpa like algae. Got them in a year ago and they grow like weed and holding back my chaeto, ow is mostly chaeto in the fuge.

Sincerely Lasse
Well, our tanks are the same temperature anyway! And I am laughing... we have a break from the heat today and are only supposed to hit 32C today. At least I have a great tan!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO of course, because caulerpa is better than cheato?! ;)
I do not rely know because Caulerpa seems to grow a lot but Chaeto is more dense in construction and before the Caulerpa it grows very thick and when it reach the surface - it was difficult to press it down. Seems to more dense according to biomass/L

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to write that I have not seen my possum wrasse since it got back in the DT - but when I feed my fish for some minutes ago - he/she was there again in good health - eating. i´m glad it back.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a package from a web shop yesterday. It was some normal stuff that I needed, some of them difficult to get here in Gothenburg. I want my temperature to be rather stable - therefore I use fans in order to chill the aquarium with help of evaporation. The unit I had been using had 6 fans and started to make some noise. I changed it out to one with 8 fans and it seems to be much more effective. I did a test and it managed to bring down the temperature by 0.4 degree C in only 2 hours - 300 L of water with 6 DC pumps of different types.

I also got an GHL ADD in card for digital inputs - I have some ideas I want to test - will come back with these.

In the package was also a new (for me) nitrite/nitrate test from Fauna Marine (Tropical Marine has a similar one too). Why? In this thread I´ll try to explain why I will measure nitrite in the future

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new pics

clam1.jpg

clam2.jpg

coral1.jpg

coral2.jpg

coral3.jpg

coral4.jpg

coral5.jpg

fish1.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Kenneth Wingerter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They not only need P for growth - they can also be luxury consumers of P - it means - store more P than they need for growth. the bacteria in my "mix" is mainly from the genus Rhodopseudomonas .
They can use photosynthesis in anaerobic environment but also other types of metabolisms. I have not prepared my system for light below the DSB (yet :p ) but I will see if they have other beneficial properties for me. The least the injection will do is to increase the diversity among my microorganisms.

I remembered reading about this before, and your post rekindled my curiosity. A little digging revealed that Rhodopseudomonas palustris is even better at storing P than in my memory. Appears that they can accumulate internal P up to15% of their cell dry weight (when under anaerobic illuminated conditions). https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19943045 Amazing stuff!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You truly have one of the nicest looking reef tanks on here @Lasse
This top picture is truly outstanding... love it
Thank you both

I remembered reading about this before, and your post rekindled my curiosity. A little digging revealed that Rhodopseudomonas palustris is even better at storing P than in my memory. Appears that they can accumulate internal P up to15% of their cell dry weight (when under anaerobic illuminated conditions). https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19943045 Amazing stuff!
Yes it is interesting and I wonder when the first anaerobic filter with light in the compartment will be built :D I´m just purchased a chaeto reactor with inbuilt illumination - who knows - it will maybe be converted into illuminated anaerobic bioreactor in the future :D I swear - it was not my intention when I bought it - but sometimes - the ideas just popping up

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @najer

It funny - I have one rather large red shrimp in the aquarium - I only see it now and then. For the moment - I have not seen it the last 3 weeks. However - it is still there - here is the evidence - it has molt

1599655306546.png

One of my yellow wrasses jump out - my wife catch it (before the cat living here with his staff catch it) It was nowhere for three days - show up in a poor condition - disappear for two week - and suddenly it is showing up again.......

Sincerely Lasse

Back