Lasses Dream Build

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking here for a couple of reasons, hope you are well @Sallstrom , are the roof sections complete, when can inside work start? :)
Hi Simon,
You know I'm "on a break" with R2R ;) I’m also a bit tired from work and other stuff. But I’m fine and the building process is going well too. We do some large procurements now for large LEDs and I hope we soon can start the practical work on the large life support systems together with a plumbing company. And of course the large windows will arrive in 1-2 months, so that’ll be pretty interesting. They’ll need to remove some of the roof to get the largest ones in :)

I try to post on Instagram @Themaritimeaquarium so check there for more pics and videos.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Your running those at 100%
Yes, that’s the skimmer we rebuilt, changed from AC to DC pumps. I’m not sure I got everything perfect, the air tubes might be to long, so we need to run the pumps at high %. Plus we have ozone on one air intake and I want to skim a lot in that system since we feed a lot :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Simon,
You know I'm "on a break" with R2R ;) I’m also a bit tired from work and other stuff. But I’m fine and the building process is going well too. We do some large procurements now for large LEDs and I hope we soon can start the practical work on the large life support systems together with a plumbing company. And of course the large windows will arrive in 1-2 months, so that’ll be pretty interesting. They’ll need to remove some of the roof to get the largest ones in :)

I try to post on Instagram @Themaritimeaquarium so check there for more pics and videos.

You are where you are, I am here to follow journals I like, blue sponge frags still lurking. :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the last month I have following my alkalinity levels between around 12:00 to 21:00. I do not add any alkalinity during this time, hence it is good estimate of calcification during photosynthesis. My measures says that my calcification rate is between 5 - 8 g CaCO3 during my top period for photosynthesis - I lose around 1- 1.3 kH during this time (1 kH is around 17.8 mg/L as CaCO3 -> 0,0178 g/L* 310 L = 5,5 g CaCO3)

1615985655151.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s those beautiful clams you have!!
Yes - I think you are right.
I dread that day when I have to move them to a bigger aquarium (You can guess where). I hope I can keep them for another year

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stability in alkalinity have been the mantra for a long time - lucky for me - my aquarium has nor read that :p

My alkalinity vary between day and night with up to 1,3 in KH

1616103609560.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m just running an experiment wher I try to estimate the calcification rate during day and night. In my system -I do not add any alkalinity /Core7:3 a+b) between 10:00 and 22:00. I figured out that if I take the alkalinity with the Hanna Checker Hi755 tats give the alkalinity in ppm CaCO3 every hour during this time with no add of Core7:3 - it is easy to calculate the max calcification rate between the hours. The checker have a accuracy of ±5 ppm - therefore is only possible to see the trend but I think I can get good figures out of this experiment.

I also will try to see if I reach photoinhibition at any point - if photoinhibition affect calcification rate - I probably will see that or get a indication of it..

Sincerely Lasse

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back