clam-2.jpg

clam-3.jpg

hystrix.jpg

hystrix-2.jpg

monty-1.jpg

monty.jpg

mushroom.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
Lasse, are you sure you are feeling better? For a LPS/Softie guy you sure posted a lot of pictures of Pins! :p

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse, are you sure you are feeling better? For a LPS/Softie guy you sure posted a lot of pictures of Pins! :p

Most be the pain killers :)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its lovely weather outside - like it was 2 years ago

First of all - today has been the first real spring day in Sweden – 20 degree C all over the country. This had to be celebrated with a good meal - Sweden West Coast style and sitting outside.

spring.jpg

Back to reality :)

Mount of the background. Glued with glass silicone adhesive.

P5060053.jpg

P5060058.jpg

In order to minimize the risk to have the dry side of the magnet in saltwater – I isolated it with a small plastic bag. Its place is in the DSB.

magnet.jpg

magnet2.jpg

magnet3.jpg

Now I can attach the RW 8 streamer

rw8.jpg

hel.jpg

I do not like to look at a pump - therefore I´ll try to hide the as much as possible. Testing

P5060076.JPG

P5060077.JPG

I´ll be back

Sincerely Lasse

But no shrimp today - I´m not allowed to eat to much of them

ter.jpg

However - the aquarium is 2 years better :)

aquarium.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to have you back Lasse.
Details of corals and tank shot are still mesmerizing.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day before I get sick (11/4) I got a new clam that´s have been in the LFS for a while. The clam did not have any white growth zones at the edge of the shell. Now one and a half month later - it has grown a lot as you can see - a rather brad white growth zone.

growth-clam.jpg

The shot is taken with flash - early in the morning - not the best shot I have done but it clearly show the speed of growth. If you look closer - you can see other interesting animals just around the clam :)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 2 years I have run into some "problems" that I had expected earlier - my Chaeto has suddenly slower down its growth. The same day i got sick - I change the quality of my top off water. before - I have used tap water (we have very good water here) - since the 12/4 I use RO water. I use Triton Core 7 other methods. My PO4 level is 0.06 and N3 at the moment 16 (on its way down). I dose iodine every day and some iron. I think that I have enough of the normal limited nutrients and trace compounds in my water and the question for the moment is: Was it any trace elements in my tap water that I run short of when I start to use Rodi water? Anyone seen this happen before?

I will send in a Triton test today and afterwards start to use tap water as top of water for a while again.

Sincerely Lasse

teller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would love to know.
One month ago I come up with similar situation, my chaeto become to tight and curly like a brick, even with nitrates and phosphates. Early was long and fluffy.
What changed in my case: I use a diy 2 parts with traces from Fauna Marin. However I was dosing about 5x times the traces in the Calcium solution.
Fauna Marin balling is much less concentrated then Randy's 2 parts.
I reduced the traces to be comply with it.
Result I got a similar state as you.
I read about dosing and macro algae and come up to some things like:
https://www.marineplantbook.com/marinebookpage10.htm
The chaeto reator Pax Bellum Arid also have this bottles of traces which include iron and manganese.
And what is Triton putting in the first bottle, I think the magnesium one, that does not put in the case of supplements /other system. I would love to know.
From two weeks I made a new Calcium bottle with more traces, bottle 2 of Fauna Marin which has iron, manganese, zinc, copper. And also daily dosing of iron. The chaeto is now growing again with long strings.
But I maybe risking putting other traces too much... I don't know.
I have one question, while you were away (I hope you are fine now, we missed you) , did you stop feeding the fish with nori? I suspect the feeding consistent parts of nori we are giving the traces chaeto and general macro algaes need. I don't because I have a nano so my fish don't require that.
Finally it would be interesting a ICP test on your tap water. Then we could see if any of the traces in the site I mention are there.

Last edited:

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lasse - I’m curious if you noticed any bloom in sponge/Porifera growth in benthic areas of your system as a result of the elevated Si levels? I recently started dosing a small level of silicate in my tank in hopes of encouraging their growth for biological filtration purposes. Still too early to tell...

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lasse - I’m curious if you noticed any bloom in sponge/Porifera growth in benthic areas of your system as a result of the elevated Si levels? I recently started dosing a small level of silicate in my tank in hopes of encouraging their growth for biological filtration purposes. Still too early to tell...

Yes I got a strong growth of sponges in the beginning. After around 7 months - they disappear! But i had very high levels at that time - I will see if they return. My aim is 100 micrograms/l (0,1 ppm)

I also would love to know.
One month ago I come up with similar situation, my chaeto become to tight and curly like a brick, even with nitrates and phosphates. Early was long and fluffy.
What changed in my case: I use a diy 2 parts with traces from Fauna Marin. However I was dosing about 5x times the traces in the Calcium solution.
Fauna Marin balling is much less concentrated then Randy's 2 parts.
I reduced the traces to be comply with it.
Result I got a similar state as you.
I read about dosing and macro algae and come up to some things like:
https://www.marineplantbook.com/marinebookpage10.htm
The chaeto reator Pax Bellum Arid also have this bottles of traces which include iron and manganese.
And what is Triton putting in the first bottle, I think the magnesium one, that does not put in the case of supplements /other system. I would love to know.
From two weeks I made a new Calcium bottle with more traces, bottle 2 of Fauna Marin which has iron, manganese, zinc, copper. And also daily dosing of iron. The chaeto is now growing again with long strings.
But I maybe risking putting other traces too much... I don't know.
I have one question, while you were away (I hope you are fine now, we missed you) , did you stop feeding the fish with nori? I suspect the feeding consistent parts of nori we are giving the traces chaeto and general macro algaes need. I don't because I have a nano so my fish don't require that.
Finally it would be interesting a ICP test on your tap water. Then we could see if any of the traces in the site I mention are there.

I suspect that some trace elements are limited too. I have send in one test to Triton. Your link was very interesting. till I get the answer from Triton - I will change and use tap water again :)

I do not feed any Noori - i only feed with frozen adult artemia and mysiade. No dry food

Triton Core 7 - 1 bottle - think its calcium and 7(2) its magnesium @Tim2@Triton - can you help me out abut the content of 7(1) and 7(2)

Try a new ball of chaeto from another aquarium.

Difficult - most of the Chaeto in this region of Sweden comes from me :)

Sincerely Lasse

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back