OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone asked on my journal what my nitrates are, "Sorry, I don't test." always raises a few eyebrows. ;)

That´s the answer always had deliver too. David thinks its funny that I test nowadays :) I still tell people to not test the first three months!

Sincerely Lasse

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think there are some aquarist that only need to look into a tank and knows what to be done. No measurements. Both me and Lasse have worked together with a coral aquarist that's like that. And his tanks always look amazing. So I know it might work @najer :)
Me on the other hand, I'm only a mediocre aquarist, so I keep on measuring:D
/ David

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think there are some aquarist that only need to look into a tank and knows what to be done. No measurements. Both me and Lasse have worked together with a coral aquarist that's like that. And his tanks always look amazing. So I know it might work @najer :)
Me on the other hand, I'm only a mediocre aquarist, so I keep on measuring:D
/ David

I only need to observe 550 litre water volume, in my little "system" (hate that word but it fits), I designed it to be as lazy as possible because it should work and because people told me I couldn't do it! ;)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning PO4 read 0 - the same at 22:00 o´clock in the evening. Tomorrow I will put in a dose that should give 0.06 ppm if not consumed. The plan is to rise the dose slowly till I get a reading around 0.05 - 0.1 ppm PO4. When the goal is achieved - I will step back with the dosing a bit. In the coming week I will receive better dosing pumps (upgrading from GHL doser 1 to GHL doser 2.1) and a new batch reagents for my Hanna.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning PO4 = 0 Hanna low phosphate. Now I have dosed around 50 mg PO4 to my system during 3 days. It means that the demand of my system is at least 16 mg/day. i´ll get PO4 contribution from food (frozen artemia) and from the bacterial breakdown process of organic matter. It rather difficult to calculate their contributions but at least 16 mg PO4 more is needed every day!

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not directly any drastic change but my pH swing (that´s have been rather low the last weeks) seems to be the normal 0.2 - 0.3 again. I have raise the PO4 dose again - yet no signs in the tests.

I got a new Clam yesterday and it will be interesting to see this derassa develope in the future. My other 2 clams going very good, very good.

clam1.jpg

new-clam.jpg

Some corals

mushroom1.jpg

mushroom-2.jpg

mushroom-3.jpg

mushroom-4.jpg

mushroom-5.jpg

mushroom-6.jpg

sps.jpg

sps2.jpg

sps-2-.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed any difference in any corals?

Yesterday evening I notice a more red colour on my montipora´s and that some whiter areas on them has disappeared - not on the edge but more in the center of the corals.

Morning value of PO4 -> 0.02 ppm PO4

I´ll take a value in the evening too but I´m out of reagens and have to do it with a new batch - this can give a little bit wrong result compared with the tests the last days - we will see. Probably I get my new dose pumps this afternoon but they are in the hands of Postnord - that´s means that you never know when they will arrive :)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video - feeding time

FTS

180403-FTS.jpg

Pictures from today.

clam.jpg

goby.jpg

hermit.jpg

pipefish.jpg

right-corner.jpg

wrasse.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Beautiful pictures and tank @Lasse . Very nice indeed.

I’ve read most of your thread, and other threads, and your knowledge is way beyond me ! It’s good to learn so thanks for sharing all your thoughts. Even though it makes my head hurt most of the time! Lol

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back