Lasses Dream Build

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton milk cartons - here we come :)

Today I start with Core 7 (others method) and yesterday I send in a test to Triton. That test will be my starting point and from now I stop all of the other dosing (with exception of NO3 dosing). i will sen in a test in a month or two in order to see what´s happen.

After the introduction of my 740 nm light last week all looks like it should. It has not been any negative change - if it will be any positive changes - time will show.

Sincerely Lasse
How does the colour of the new light look white or a touch yellow maybe? My 6500k daylight is welcomed and enjoyed by my H.magnifica nem.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, big change, what brought this change?

Great question he has me wondering the same.

To switch over to Core 7 has been in my head for a while but I want to have a stable aquarium with my old method before the change. I use a variant of 3 parts Balling for a long period but want to change to some stronger solution. David - at the Maritime Museum - has run Core 7 (other methods) a while and have had rather good experiences with this additives. My aquarium has been set up with the holistic point of view that is the hallmark of Triton. I have add a reversed flow DSB to the concept.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First measurements of alkalinity, Ca and Mg show that I probably did a rather good calculation of my old dosing. I just divided my alkalinity dose with 7, adjust part 2 to the same amount of ml and put 3A and 3B in the same container. The amount of dosed A+B (together) will then be the dubble amount compared with part 1.

Three weeks ago - I took away my GFO reactor because my PO4 was 0 according to Hanna low phosphate. Its still around 0 and the aquarium feels rather stable. I´m looking at my front glass all the time - as long as I will see some algae growth on that - I´m not so worried about the Hanna reading zero. Today I clean my window every second to third day. To use this as an indication works in my aquaria because I have 2 t5 bulbs just above the front window - hence the front window getts enough of light.

I have noted (bad or good) that LED fixtures sometimes does not illuminate the front window very much, hence there will be no algae growth on this window. I once designed the illumination of an aquaria in this way just because of my laziness (I do not like scraping windows :) ) with this new aquaria - i use the algae growth on my front window as an indicator of nutrients instead.

And the algae I scrape away every second to third day - food for my filtraters :)

Sincerely Lasse​

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First measurements of alkalinity, Ca and Mg show that I probably did a rather good calculation of my old dosing. I just divided my alkalinity dose with 7, adjust part 2 to the same amount of ml and put 3A and 3B in the same container. The amount of dosed A+B (together) will then be the dubble amount compared with part 1.

Three weeks ago - I took away my GFO reactor because my PO4 was 0 according to Hanna low phosphate. Its still around 0 and the aquarium feels rather stable. I´m looking at my front glass all the time - as long as I will see some algae growth on that - I´m not so worried about the Hanna reading zero. Today I clean my window every second to third day. To use this as an indication works in my aquaria because I have 2 t5 bulbs just above the front window - hence the front window getts enough of light.

I have noted (bad or good) that LED fixtures sometimes does not illuminate the front window very much, hence there will be no algae growth on this window. I once designed the illumination of an aquaria in this way just because of my laziness (I do not like scraping windows :) ) with this new aquaria - i use the algae growth on my front window as an indicator of nutrients instead.

And the algae I scrape away every second to third day - food for my filtraters :)

Sincerely Lasse​
I let the algae grow on my front glass for a few days at least once a month so I can check the health of my copepod population. It is the most effective test kit I have found for measuring it! :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let the algae grow on my front glass for a few days at least once a month so I can check the health of my copepod population. It is the most effective test kit I have found for measuring it! :)

I view my tank mostly through the end and always let either the desk end or the front colour up for the pods.
When I clean those areas off the tangs go nuts for it. :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me - it looks like there is a little bit better calcification taking place in my aquarium at the moment. at least I want it that way

But here is my montipora a week ago

180309-6.jpg

today

montipora.jpg

A hystrix a week ago

180309-8.jpg

Today

hystrix.jpg

I do not really know - but it looks a little bit better - we will se

Sincerely Lasse

gregkn73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely Lasse​
Lasse do you correlate, the algae on the glass, with inorganic po4?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse do you correlate, the algae on the glass, with inorganic po4?
In this case - yes - with Orthophosphate PO4. I know that I have the other limited substances for algae growth and my meter show 0 in PO4. Can´t be true because in that case - no algae on the windows.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my latest triton test a hour ago. My Si values is more normal now - around 400 microgram/l - Befor I took away my Siporax - it was 20 000 microgram/l !.

Sincerely Lasse

Attachments

• 180321 triton .pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 149

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my latest triton test a hour ago. My Si values is more normal now - around 400 microgram/l - Befor I took away my Siporax - it was 20 000 microgram/l !.

Sincerely Lasse

Hm, not we can't use your water as a Si additive anymore.. ;)

Any ideas where the Cu, Sn and Zn comes from?

/ David

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea at all where the metals coming from. Only change is that i did 7 x 50 l WC 2 month ago. But I use Tritons Pure 2 - it should not be an issue.

Zn was higher last test - we will se in a month or two how it will develop.

Sincerely Lasse

gregkn73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this case - yes - with Orthophosphate PO4. I know that I have the other limited substances for algae growth and my meter show 0 in PO4. Can´t be true because in that case - no algae on the windows.

Sincerely Lasse
In my case ,I never show a correlation! There were many times with 0ppb, that I had to clean thenglass every other day,and times with >100ppb, that I had to clean every week!
I always dose Fe with fauna marine addititves through Doser, with Cacl2.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case ,I never show a correlation! There were many times with 0ppb, that I had to clean thenglass every other day,and times with >100ppb, that I had to clean every week!
I always dose Fe with fauna marine addititves through Doser, with Cacl2.

You missunderstand me - I did not mean that I have seen any correlation between my readings and growth on the windows but i believe that its a correlation between the real PO4 content and algae growth on the illuminated front window. If my meter show 0 and I have growth of algae - the meter is wrong - there is enough of PO4 for growth.

You need something that eats some of them mushroom corals and green star polyps :D

/ David

Not at all - I think they are wonderful when they move in the waves - more wonderful than stiff coloured pins :)

Sincerely Lasse

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back