Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always look forward to your tank updates.
So do I! ;Singing

And then I look at my tank. ;Blackeye

I have so much to learn and so much work to do yet!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are ugly parts of my tank too and I have beloved LPS that´s not make it very well but everything does not work the way you want. The last test show some cupper, tin and zink - I do run in problem too. But - with time (and years) there come a type of laziness that makes you to accept even not perfect things. If I lose a coral because my pistol shrimp decided to make a dumping site for not needed coral sand just at that place I thought was excellent for my coral - that´s life. Of some reason - this aquarium has been good for organism i haven´t succeeded with before like clams, montipora, hystrix and ricordea. some others - still not best in class. But I´m not really know why this tank has been as good as it had. I still waiting for the catastrophe :). Will I test with a more SPS dominated tank in the future - I do not know, probably not but as I had say before - I want a special fish and for its sake (and in order to let him/her make it the first three months in captivity) I need to have a little more SPS - and I want some more coral gobies too :)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video - feeding time

FTS

180403-FTS.jpg

Pictures from today.

clam.jpg

goby.jpg

hermit.jpg

pipefish.jpg

right-corner.jpg

wrasse.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. :)

Thank you

Yea - it has working out rather good - maybe to good. However - during the last 3 months my LPS has not show any great growth, I have lost some. For the moment - I read 0 in PO4 but I still see some algae growth on my windows. I have wait with adding PO4 but today I start to dose 0.03 ppm/ a day in order to see if I can reach a level between 0.1 and 0.05 (measured with Hana PO4 low) ppm. We will see what´s happen in a month or two. I have also decided to change my old GHL dosers to the new Doser 2.1 and I have also a RO unit on its way.

Sincerely Lasse

gregkn73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse don't you run gfo? What do you thing consume po4 in your system? What are you feeding?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m not sure if it was a spawn or if they only was dry-swimming :)

Lasse don't you run gfo? What do you thing consume po4 in your system? What are you feeding?

I was running both GFO and vodka for long time but a couple of months ago - I started to read 0. Triton test show around 0.02 but my Hanna show 0. I use Hanna Low Phosphate - not the UL meter. I have a very fast growing chaeto fuge (around 10 % of my DT) and a type of remote DSB with reversed flow through the sand bed. I only feed with frozen live artemia (sometimes frozen mysis shrimps) - my fuge have a huge population of different pods and it will come out to the DT now and then. I feed once a day - do not rinse the artemia. The reason for not to rinse is that I want this extra phosphorus that´s often is in the frozen artemia. The idea is to GFO will remove excess PO4. This situation has been stable for the first 18 - 20 months but now I think that I have a bio load of PO4 consuming organisms (read corals) that consume all of the PO4 I put in as food.

Sincerely Lasse

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, maybe I should start testing my water?
... In your dreams world!
Looks to me that your display is a fuge on it's own, gsp and things?! ;)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the whole system will reduce nutrients and problem with nutrient has gone from a struggle to take them away to a struggle to get them in :)

I measured my PO4 last evening around 22:00 -> 0 ppm (Hanna Low Phosphate) The same this morning -> zero.

Rise my dosing a little, will put in 0.015 at 09:00 o´clock too.

The goal is to read som PO4 at 22:00 in the evening. when I know that it has been enough for the corals during their photoperiod and that the Chaeto will have PO4 too.

@najer
I´m not a huge friend of measures either – lately I have spent a lot of words trying to convince others that the figures they base their actions on – probably are false. But I need to measure when I try to understand my system and adjust it to work the way I want. I think that I´m enough critical to my figures too and that I´m able to use common sense (sometimes – I´m not sure on this either )

Sincerely Lasse

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the whole system will reduce nutrients and problem with nutrient has gone from a struggle to take them away to a struggle to get them in :)

I measured my PO4 last evening around 22:00 -> 0 ppm (Hanna Low Phosphate) The same this morning -> zero.

Rise my dosing a little, will put in 0.015 at 09:00 o´clock too.

The goal is to read som PO4 at 22:00 in the evening. when I know that it has been enough for the corals during their photoperiod and that the Chaeto will have PO4 too.

@najer
I´m not a huge friend of measures either – lately I have spent a lot of words trying to convince others that the figures they base their actions on – probably are false. But I need to measure when I try to understand my system and adjust it to work the way I want. I think that I´m enough critical to my figures too and that I´m able to use common sense (sometimes – I´m not sure on this either )

Sincerely Lasse

Someone asked on my journal what my nitrates are, "Sorry, I don't test." always raises a few eyebrows. ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back