OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First part of the project done. Now I will get a cabinet and mount everything the way it should be.

I miss the picture and not at home.

Fix that later

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, that's just way too professional looking. You gotta mess it up some for it to fit on a reef tank, lol. Looks great!
I have not tested it yet - I´m sure there will be something I had messed up :D

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the photo.

central1.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
I have to ask. Is this just to control your tank or have you converted it into a home automation system?!?!? :eek:

That is a LOT of controllable outputs!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its to control my aquarium. My goal is to have all thing connected to a controllable output - all thing. Two reasons - I can switch it of if I want and I will see the current off all equipment. As I understand - it should in the future by possible to log an output and get a alarm if it does not work.

Sincerely Lasse

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask. Is this just to control your tank or have you converted it into a home automation system?!?!? :eek:

That is a LOT of controllable outputs!
Just wait. This is just the first module... ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday evening is "fredagsmys" in Sweden - you have a cosy evening and eat something good. Yesterday we eat "catfish à la Lasse" - it means barbecued African catfish with fried shrimps, vegetables, garlic, garlic, garlic, green pepper. olive oil, olive oil and herbs.

catfish.JPG

However - someone else decided to have "fredagsmys" too - the question is only - what is he/she hunting and eat. I do not really believe that it is the polyps by themselves. 1:57 in the video - you can see something stringy is eaten - question what and does the filefish make damage to the coral or protect it from a intruder.

If you remember - a couple of weeks ago I show a tiny green polyp on one of my empty snail shells. It is still there and develop - but I do not know what it is.

frågetecken1.jpg

Sometimes a fish disappear and you can´t explain why - that´s pity. In my case - I have a large sally lightfoot crab and I´m not sure but I think it takes one or another fish. Even here - it is difficult to say if he/she really kill the fish in question or if it is only is a scavenger. However - it seems like my Koumansetta hectori´s have disappear together with one of the pipefishes and a sand gobie. According to the Koumansetta - I think I have done a mistake. Rather late - I discovered that they were gone in the evenings, probably going to sleep early. I always feed very late in the evening and I just may have given them to little to eat - but I know that they are tricky.

I have 4 yellow wrasses and I have many times thought that one of them was lost when I look at the aquarium late evenings. It have been showed that this particular wrasse goes to sleep early (one hour before the others) - and wake up earlier than the others.

I have a pistol shrimp too - and what he/she eating is a mystery - I have seen it eating adult artemia - but if it will take fish - I do not know. There is a part in the aquarium that´s look very suspected in my eyes. It is some openings in a false Tridacna shell that always have a barrier of empty snail shells in front of one of the openings. I know that some of my sea cucumbers live in that shell - see them coming out in the evening - but I´m rather sure that something else live there too. I have seen that some smaller mantis shrimps often build this type of fortification but I have never seen or hear anyone.

snail.jpg

However - my interest is to create a living ecosystem and all of its cons and prons - losses because of natural reasons can be accepted but I must create an environment that is as close as possible to my organisms natural environment.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I´m try to hunt down my filefish but this is a clever one. All other I have had place themselves in corner when it was time for sleep. A flashlight and a net - problem solved. But not this guy - he/she is very clever - avoid the corners. It will take time but as they say - Nobody puts baby in a corner - and not me either. Let the fight start.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late last night - I spot he/she´s sleeping place. Tonight I will do a try. This fishes ability to be unseen never ever stop to surprise me. Last Thursday I was stirring into an 100 liters tank wit no decoration - only a vertical tube. I know it should be a filefish in there. It took me 10 minutes to spot him/she o_O

The resting place - in the middle of a large gorgonia - up near the surface!

I got my results from Triton today. According to ICP - nearly all green - only 3 yellow. It is also clear - I have to replace my Hanna Checker (low phosphate) - I can´t trust it.

The DOC test - rise some questions according to Nitrogen - It report (if all detected N was NO3) a value of around 18 ppm NO3 Before I send in the sample - we was two how analyzes the NO3 level with two different brands of test. We end up between around 7 ppm. It means that it is about 2.3 ppm pure N that will be in other forms as NO2, NH3, NH4, N2 and/or organic N as proteins and/or amino acids. I do not believe that a large surplus nitrogen is in other forms of inorganic N (NO2, NH3, NH4or N2) - I think that i have a lot of proteins and/or amino acids in the water. The DOC analyse also detect rather much organic carbon which strengthen my believe that it is surplus of proteins and/or amino acids in the water. Very easy to handle. For the moment I run my skimmer very dry - for a while now - I will run it much wetter and collect skimmate!

Attached - my Triton reports

Sincerely Lasse

Attachments

• 190818 doc.pdf
    115.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 190818 icp.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 241
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01:30 in the morning (local time) - Victory

tricked.jpg

Now it will be interesting to see if my euphyllia will repair themselves again - if it was the filefish. The filefish is a part of the Adrine project for the moment :)

Sincerely Lasse

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01:30 in the morning (local time) - Victory

tricked.jpg

Now it will be interesting to see if my euphyllia will repair themselves again - if it was the filefish. The filefish is a part of the Adrine project for the moment :)

Sincerely Lasse
Well done!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filefish is normally easy to catch without lifting any rocks. They normal sleeps in a upper corner and sleeps deep but this was a little bit more tricky - he sleept in the middle of a gorgonia.

Sincerely Lasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back