Lasses Dream Build

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On our way to Marine Aquarium Conference of Europe! :cool: First, ferry to Germany.
0469F583-CA85-4C1A-9DF8-C3E0AB3C1234.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On our way to Marine Aquarium Conference of Europe! :cool: First, ferry to Germany.
0469F583-CA85-4C1A-9DF8-C3E0AB3C1234.jpeg
I don't head to Germany for another week. Too bad I'm going to miss you guys!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Hey @Lasse how have you been I have definitely missed your posts and scientific mind :). How is your tank doing and life as well? @Brew12 your still not in Germany yet lol. You should take a route and have a drink with @Lasse :)
Wish I could! Unfortunately, this is will be a work trip.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello,

Hmmmmm, let’s see supposedly your suppose to work 8 hours per day right, okay so let’s solve the problem:) now let’s just say your in Berlin Germany, and @Lasse is in Gothenburg and from well Berlin to Gothenburg airport is roughly 356 miles roughly. So best way is to fly I see that cheap flights has round trip for (don’t think this is right 72 dollars but should be in euros), and oddly takes 4h and 32 min flight time each way which is 9
Hours total plus 2 hours one hour to prep there and back. So it’s all about the math. 24 hours in a day 8 hours to work, that leaves 16 hours. So with the flight round trip is 9 hours thats 17 hours plus 2 hours prep, (you still get 8 hours of sleep since you sleep on the plain :), kill 2 birds with one stone). That leaves 5 hours so have a delightful drink with @Lasse see his gorgeous tank and visit sweeden :) besides your young it’s just like in college when we had to pull all nighters for exams :). Besides it’s less than 100 dollars according to this flight thingy but not sure I’d trust that. But it’s less than 400 miles I mean it’s closer than your local super market, well for some it is lol.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Hmmmmm, let’s see supposedly your suppose to work 8 hours per day right, okay so let’s solve the problem:) now let’s just say your in Berlin Germany, and @Lasse is in Gothenburg and from well Berlin to Gothenburg airport is roughly 356 miles roughly. So best way is to fly I see that cheap flights has round trip for (don’t think this is right 72 dollars but should be in euros), and oddly takes 4h and 32 min flight time each way which is 9
Hours total plus 2 hours one hour to prep there and back. So it’s all about the math. 24 hours in a day 8 hours to work, that leaves 16 hours. So with the flight round trip is 9 hours thats 17 hours plus 2 hours prep, (you still get 8 hours of sleep since you sleep on the plain :), kill 2 birds with one stone). That leaves 5 hours so have a delightful drink with @Lasse see his gorgeous tank and visit sweeden :) besides your young it’s just like in college when we had to pull all nighters for exams :). Besides it’s less than 100 dollars according to this flight thingy but not sure I’d trust that. But it’s less than 400 miles I mean it’s closer than your local super market, well for some it is lol.
Hmm.. I think I'll be working more than 8 hours a day while I'm there although we aren't working on Sunday. But... it just isn't going to happen.
I also think you and I have different ideas of what young is. I stopped being young decades ago!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.. I think I'll be working more than 8 hours a day while I'm there although we aren't working on Sunday. But... it just isn't going to happen.
I also think you and I have different ideas of what young is. I stopped being young decades ago!

Hello,

Oh come on lol your not that old, your only old or you believe it. I mean yes I’m 25 but isn’t there this big thing that 40s are the new 20s lol. Your killing my hopes
Of reaching the age of 40 lol.
I feel the pain of long hours and work I can assure you of that. But wow how exciting is that, I’m sooooooo hoping that I can maybe do some of my residency in the uk and or move back to it. Problem is my mum and dad are here so that would be hard. But I do miss it much over there.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Oh come on lol your not that old, your only old or you believe it. I mean yes I’m 25 but isn’t there this big thing that 40s are the new 20s lol. Your killing my hopes
Of reaching the age of 40 lol.
I feel the pain of long hours and work I can assure you of that. But wow how exciting is that, I’m sooooooo hoping that I can maybe do some of my residency in the uk and or move back to it. Problem is my mum and dad are here so that would be hard. But I do miss it much over there.
Don't leave Sarah! Boise needs you! You raise the bar for all those stuck with HOA's. If you do leave who will get that new large fish tank? Bidding war anyone? How about I move to Boise and you can partner with me in a new fish store for my retirement? You can have 24 hour attention for your reef from your new business venture lol. Well anyway you moving will be Boise's loss. Have a great shift today or whenever you punch in again.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 Sara is right - the age is in your head - not in your body. I´m just relaxing from a 600 km trip at Europe´s wild west frontier - the autobahns of Germany - passing both Hamburg and Bremen. Arriving into the Netherlands a Friday night around 17.00 the same day as an major hearth stroke hit the roads of Netherlands. If you will visit Germany - you have to learn two important words "Stau" and "Umleitung". No one with a head age of 70 will do that but because my mental age probably just have reach the twenties - I did this of free will

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 Sara is right - the age is in your head - not in your body. I´m just relaxing from a 600 km trip at Europe´s wild west frontier - the autobahns of Germany - passing both Hamburg and Bremen. Arriving into the Netherlands a Friday night around 17.00 the same day as an major hearth stroke hit the roads of Netherlands. If you will visit Germany - you have to learn two important words "Stau" and "Umleitung". No one with a head age of 70 will do that but because my mental age probably just have reach the twenties - I did this of free will

Sincerely Lasse
Hmm... I've been practicing my German but I may not be working on the correct phrases. I figured the 2 most important words were Bier and Badezimmer!

U

User1

View Badges

Long haul trips like yours I always stop on the return somewhere be it London, Paris, or Ireland if I'm flying that way. Only catch is if I stop in Ireland then my children usually find a way to meet me there much to my surprise.

But seriously - I let me work know that I'm taking 3 days down in between. Few times I've extended it by two to three weeks and work while there. I'll cover food and lodging and we call it even. Works very well when I stop by the clients office for a few F2F meetings :)

@Lasse nice updates and videos. I need about another year and a half before I feel I can add a pod eating creature. Hope to get a couple dragon pipefish in that time. Love the little guys.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back