Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both

I´m sorry to say that something have happens with one of my mimic filefish. I did no see it yesterday but it eats like a horse the day before. Today I pick up the remains of it - I have a lot of shrimps, hermits and probably other scavengers that have done their job. But I like them - we will see if I´m going to pick up one more. I know that it is a tricky fish but both this two was very healthy and eat very well.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a trio of mimics, I could feed them by hand, all three were gone after about three months.
Yes I know that they are tricky but the ones I have try before was never eating - these eat constantly. We will see what´s happens with the one left,

Sincerely Lasse

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know that they are tricky but the ones I have try before was never eating - these eat constantly. We will see what´s happens with the one left,
If they are eating and still die, could it be the food is not right? Food is not providing the proper nutrition?

Neat fish! Good luck to you Lasse!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are eating and still die, could it be the food is not right? Food is not providing the proper nutrition?
Could be in the long run - Najers 3 month - but not in my case - too fast course of events IMO. I still believe in some type of accident - the fish have been trapped between stones or something like that.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how would you stock a 20 gallon aquarium with aphimiron clarkii, eniscius bicolor, halichores melanurus, and paracirricthes arcatus.
A would avoid the wrasse (too much a swimmer and it get around 12 cm), the hawk fish (to large and exclude shrimps (20 cm) and the bicolour blenny (too aggresive)' Another suggestion 2 A.clarkii; 1 yellow banded opossum wrasse (or any other opossum wrasse from the genus wetmorella). Two smaller blennies from the genus Emblemaria and 1 or two hawk like anthias from the genus Plectranthias They eat small shrimps but the larger one use to work good

Sincerely Lasse

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A would avoid the wrasse (too much a swimmer and it get around 12 cm), the hawk fish (to large and exclude shrimps (20 cm) and the bicolour blenny (too aggresive)' Another suggestion 2 A.clarkii; 1 yellow banded opossum wrasse (or any other opossum wrasse from the genus wetmorella). Two smaller blennies from the genus Emblemaria and 1 or two hawk like anthias from the genus Plectranthias They eat small shrimps but the larger one use to work good

Sincerely Lasse
bicolors are more agressive then clarkii? mine lives in his conch shell and never leaves it except for food or to move away my hermits away from his algae.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally - I´m not found of Clownfish - but I thought it was a must :D. Personally - I have 3 small percula in a 20 gallon and it has not been any problems with them and other fish, I had a bicolour blenny in my 80 gallon aquarium - and he/she rule its part of the aquarium.

Sincerely Lasse

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back