Lawnmower Blenny agressive

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to introduce these two clowns into my tank for several days. I've had them in and out 4 times in the past 2 weeks. I expected, to see some aggression from the Yellow Tail damsel, he usually will bully a newcomer for a short period then just seems to get over it pretty quickly. And that's what he has done now. But the Lawnmower Blenny goes ballistic on them!!. I thought they were "peaceful" . I've never seen any aggressive behavior from him before. I just got the acclimation box today , so we'll see how this goes. So far, it's been about 3 hours, the YT Damsel will make occasional passes at it but the blenny hasn't come out at all.

IMG_20180308_121817.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Starry Blenny is very territorial. His territory is where ever he is at that point in time. I'm not sure if his favorite target is my Magnificent Foxface or if that is the only fish his bite marks show up on. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be enough of a problem to actually bother any of my other fish too much.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back