Ldogg's 3g Office Pico

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm still curious about the LED Retro!+? What is it, and where can I get one? I assume it replaces the PC bulb in the JBJ fixture?

autoponicz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool pico...i really like the way you made the light fixture...and waiting to see how the led mod will look...

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. I reaquascaped this morning, and I also modded the top so that I can lay the light bars across it, and not on the screen. this actually lets me lower the light quite a bit. I will post a few pics in a bit.

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new aquascaping

photo-39.jpg

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then wait till you read this.... :D

looks like I am going to be doubling the LED's over the pico.... :D

here's a pic of the retro kit, with a fan and 8 3w LED's... nano customs will be selling it this way... the reason I don't have it yet is they reworked the heatsink, and added the fan, then added 4 more Rebel 3w LEDs. I will see what that does to the price... :) but that should be the equivilent to a 70w HQI bulb...

index.php

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is going to be one sharp looking fixture. Do they have different kelvin models and if so, which did you go with?

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't talked to them about the 8 LED unit yet, as they are working on the pricing. the 50/50 is supposed to be 14kish and I will probably stick with that. you could do 72/25 or 25/75 to get closer to 10k, or 20k though. they say the 50/50 is the most balanced though. this was with the 4 LED unit before. I just found out about the 8 about 15 minutes ago..

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can't stop with the surprises....I'm loving it!! I looked at the picture you posted of the Retro Light and I was like.....OH NO if I get one, I have to wire it myself? Then I read the text ;). I'm also wondering what this does to the price? $100 wasnt too bad, but now? $150 maybe? still woudlnt be too bad i guess

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about the price yet, but I will let you know when they tell me. The fan will come with the unit and the heatsink. you will need to put the retro in, but it should be ready to go. I would think you could get the 4, then add 4 more later if the price is high. at this point, I am in.... as long as it's not 300 bux.. :)

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about the price yet, but I will let you know when they tell me. The fan will come with the unit and the heatsink. you will need to put the retro in, but it should be ready to go. I would think you could get the 4, then add 4 more later if the price is high. at this point, I am in.... as long as it's not 300 bux.. :)

Even if it was $300, you'd save money in energy (obviously not a concern for you since its not your energy bill) and bulb life given that LED's last what, like 10 times as long as a halide. Still, adds quite a bit to the initial start up cost of that little sucker.

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then wait till you read this.... :D

looks like I am going to be doubling the LED's over the pico.... :D

here's a pic of the retro kit, with a fan and 8 3w LED's... nano customs will be selling it this way... the reason I don't have it yet is they reworked the heatsink, and added the fan, then added 4 more Rebel 3w LEDs. I will see what that does to the price... :) but that should be the equivilent to a 70w HQI bulb...

index.php

Very cool, i cant wait to see it with those bad boys on it

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 136 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back