Ldogg's 3g Office Pico

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this new 3g JBJ picotope from a local reefer. he had painted it, but never filled it. I have wanted a tank a work for a while, but never got around to doing it. after seeing this tank for sale I jumped on it, and picked it up.

here is is stock sitting on my desk

photo-16.jpg

I just ordered the LED retro kit to fit into the stock fixture. that retro kit puts out the equivilent of a 35w HQI. I am also going to do the AC70 Mod, and add a small fuge in there, and move the heater into the filter. so far all I have is the pic above. The filter and LED fixture will be here later in the week, and I am taking a few pieces of Live rock from my established 120g, plus a little bit of sand, and about 1.5g of water. that should allow me to skip the cycle for the most part, and start adding frags in a week or so after checking params. this will mainly have Acans, and Zoas.

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also going to keep the light fixture on the back. I ordered a 2nd pico fixture, and i am increasing the length of the arms that hold the fixture. this will let me mount the fixture on the back of the AC70 and keep the clean look.

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx. I am pretty happy with it so far, except for the fish selection for this size. so i may go fishless, until I find a goby I like.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool nano! I love nanos!!

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man thats sooo cool... i have wanted one of those for awhile for some zoas. I cant wait to see this bad boy fill up

Nano-Newb1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think once i see yours going up its going to make me want one bad. Im thinking this thread is goin to cost me some money.. lol cant wait for pics

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's my idea for extending the stock light. once the second light get's here I can use the telescopic arms from it to complete the extension. the question will be if it will hold the weight of the LED components. I think it will be ok, but I won't know for sure till I get the LED retro kit in and installed.

photo-23.jpg

GSELLERS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep the water colder and go with a catalina goby those are awesome

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might not be your cup of tea, but you could always attach the light from the side. Especially the right side that is next to the wall.

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am going to have to see how the temp will be with such a small water volume. although the AC70 adds a half gallon I think, or maybe a quarter.

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might not be your cup of tea, but you could always attach the light from the side. Especially the right side that is next to the wall.

yeah, I thought about that, but I want it on the back. if this solution doesn't work, I will figure something else out, to keep it back there. :nerd:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 127 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back