leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update:
1. Sherbert (hooded fairy wrasse) unfortunately has been struggling against ich the last few days. I am trying to feed frequently (with LRS) in hopes that he can fight it off. It's been a few days now and still infected but it's not getting better or worse and he is still eating and acting normal. I can't see any spots on the other fish.
2. I added the 2 rainsford gobies and the flametail blenny that was in qt.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still dealing with ich, it is getting worse now both of the fairy wrasses have lots of spots but are still eating. Based solely on appearance and quantity of the spots it looks more like velvet but what are the chances??? The last things I added were the corals from legendary corals and chaeto from a safe system, and that was a few weeks ago at this point. I am super bummed and I really hope my fish will pull through. They are not showing any other symptoms. No flashing, not avoiding light or reclusive, not swimming into a powerhead. Not really breathing heavy. Still eating and chasing each other like normal. I can't see any spots on the clownfish or jawfish. I haven't seen any of the new fish today. I recognize that is a red flag, too, but they are typically pretty shy even when they were in qt there was days when I didn't see them and there is lots of hiding places in the tank.

I fed nls ich shield pellets today and the wrasses and clownfish ate them pretty readily. I am very conflicted about whether I should pull the fish and treat them or not... I am not really prepared and I would have to tear my tank apart... This sucks.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01920.JPG

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm definitely seeing a little bit of improvement which is a relief but I know I'm not out of the woods yet. The wrasses all still have a few spots.
I have only seen one of the rainsford gobies since I added them. I saw the flametail blenny a few days ago in a hold in the rocks in the back of the tank, but I haven't seen him lately.
All the wrasses and clownfish are still eating well. One jawfish has been very reclusive although they have been known to do that from time to time.
After uploading I realized I should have lightened the photos of Sherbert a little bit.
Earmuff by Leah , on Flickr
Hooded by Leah , on Flickr
LC Petroglyph by Leah , on Flickr

Last edited:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if that is the same fish from above, with all the spots, he looks great ! ! !

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are all accounted for and the wrassses are looking much better!!! I'm so relieved. I'm going to continue feeding the NLS ich shield food for the next few weeks (in addition to regular frozen food feedings)
The flametail blenny was MIA for the last few days but today he has been out and about!
And I saw the 2nd rainsford goby for a brief second - he emerged from a hole in the rocks to chase the other rainsford goby away, then went right back into the hole.

DSC02066.jpg DSC02065.jpg DSC02064.jpg

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He keeps hanging out in a hole on one of my flat shelf rocks. I tried taking the entire rock out and he jumped out at the last second. So then I tried covering the hole with a Tupperware container and taking it out but I have trouble holding the container in place while lifting the rock. Twice he has slipped out through small cracks. I'm gonna try again if he goes back to the hole. His other hideout is on the left and much more difficult to get to. I don't know where he sleeps.

I've also observed him biting my zoas and favia.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate it when fish turn onto corals. My situation is that my astrina stars keep eating mine. So I got some shrimp to handle that lol.

Great build btw! Your pics look great!

How are the fish doing today?

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate it when fish turn onto corals. My situation is that my astrina stars keep eating mine. So I got some shrimp to handle that lol.

Great build btw! Your pics look great!

How are the fish doing today?
The wrasses and clownfish still have some spots... Earlier this morning I couldn't see anything but it seems easier to see in the evening under the bluer lights. They still have quite a bit. I'm still feeding NLS Ich Shield pellets 3+ times a day. The jawfish, blenny, and rainsford gobies won't eat pellets. I am pretty certain I saw a corpse of one of the rainsford gobies yesterday, and haven't seen the second one in a few days, since I last posted pictures of them. One jawfish is acting totally normal, the 2nd has been very reclusive.

And thanks for the compliments. Good luck with your asterina situation.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC02154.jpg DSC02147.jpg
I've moved some rocks and corals around to try to catch the blenny and used that opportunity to try and take a better picture of this favia. This is one of my favorite corals and I got it for $10 when it had only 2 heads. Now it has a bunch! The first picture is bettter, imo, but the 2nd has more accurate colors so I included both.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC02073.jpg DSC02115_1.jpg

And finally here's a few pictures of the weeping willow toadstool from Legendary corals. My male clownfish has started to live in it today.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work today and all of my acans were shriveled. :mad:;Rage
So I took out a bunch of rocks, herded the blenny into a corner, and netted him out. He's living in my refugium now. ;Punch
I rearranged the left side a bit and moved some of the corals around.

Also, my emerald crab died today :( I've had him almost a year now. And no sign of any rainsford gobies. :(

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice toad stool can you get a glowing shot of the sweepers? Blues only"" Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back