Leaking Crystal Dynamics Tank, can it be fixed?

options for next steps

• Total voters

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably pretty hard to see clearly in the picture here but armored seams are reinforcements that cover the silicone corner joints. It adds strength & protects from scrapers & such. Mine are acrylic as well. 13947B60-BE1E-4312-B886-43BF081307AB.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joshua Telles

Joshua Telles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eurobrace is not continuous across the back where the ghost overflow is and I do not have the brace along the bottom. It was the back seam which split and looks like the top eurobrace went first. Perhaps it was the noncontinuation of the back brace as the weak point? I’m not sure if they have the complete brace now?

OP
OP
Joshua Telles

Joshua Telles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD is standing behind their product and making things right. I’m going to stick with them and try again. I’m thinking the flaw was the non-continuous back eurobrace.. so don’t do that.

Rookie_reefer_420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD is standing behind their product and making things right. I’m going to stick with them and try again. I’m thinking the flaw was the non-continuous back eurobrace.. so don’t do that.
Yea I would buy again from cda but with more info now I would request certain things to be done

Hk45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably pretty hard to see clearly in the picture here but armored seams are reinforcements that cover the silicone corner joints. It adds strength & protects from scrapers & such. Mine are acrylic as well. 13947B60-BE1E-4312-B886-43BF081307AB.jpeg

Thats a great idea.

OP
OP
Joshua Telles

Joshua Telles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example? I'm looking to purchase a CD tank and all the info would be appreciated.
Get the all bracing they recommend and I wish I had the return holes further away from the side to clean more easily. For my new tank I’m also getting a steel stand. Armored seams are nice too.

TinyChocobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is Crystal Dynamics doing to resolve this? Rebuilding the tank? Replacing?

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, sorry to say i moved on to another builder. Should not need eurobraced top and botton as well as seam reiforcement to keep a tank together, something not right

TinyChocobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, sorry to say i moved on to another builder. Should not need eurobraced top and botton as well as seam reiforcement to keep a tank together, something not right
Seam armor is just to protect the seam against things like scrapers - not a reinforcement. I think it’s a great idea.

As far as bracing top and bottom - I would think it just allows thinner and lighter glass no?

Rookie_reefer_420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example? I'm looking to purchase a CD tank and all the info would be appreciated.
I would just make sure my glass was the proper thickness for what I was trying to accomplish weather that’s a eurobraced large tank or rimless. I would go with their recommendations. My tank is eurobraced top and bottom with armored seams. I don’t have an issue with my tank but I can see how not wanting a eurobrace would effect things. Also for easier water changes I had them add a 1 inch hole in the back lower left corner for water changes. It’s about 5 inches from the bottoms and 5 inches from the side making it super easy to drain about 80% of the tanks water volume. One of my favorite parts about the tank. No buckets for water changes just long hoses to drain water and my saltwater mixing station has a pump with a long hose. I actually like doing water changes lol. It’s too easy.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same! I just paid Robert @ Neptunes for a custom 36x18x18 CDA last night.....
I just had to see this thread today......without searching >.<

Back