OP
OP
ruegaroo

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have the same overall footprint but the 70.2 model has more chambers. I wouldn't be losing cabinet space but I'm concerned that the plumbing wont match up so I have asked them for clarification on this.

Should I be concerned about equipment restrictions in the 70.2 since there isn't as much space?

Here are the diagrams they provided:
unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curring it off and draining the water out of the sump for tonight. Depending on how long this takes I'll drain the tank as well. I don't want to start gluing stuff since this is under warranty but I am hopeful that they will take care of it sooner than later. This sucks!!

You may want to consider leaving the tank full. This would be a good way to test the tank for defects while waiting on a replacement sump.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might consider just waiting for the sump you really want to be shipped early September. The tank is full of water, your media is cycling. Whatever filter pads and rubble rock you had planned to have in the sump can sit and cycle in the DT for now.

Preferred cycling methods differ, but you certainly do not NEED a skimmer or return pump running to cycle.

If the sump arrives 9/15, you can slide it under and likely be just about ready to get started within a week.

You'll have to explain how you'd care to run your sump if you want insightful feedback on the varying designs you're being offered.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back