Leaks from Rubbermaid stock tank bulkhead

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1" schedule 80 bulkheads fit both the 100 and 150. I wouldn't recommend using the bulkhead that comes with the totes even with silicone. $20 to know it's never going to leak is a good deal imo.
Any idea where I could find one? Doesn’t seem like something local stores would have handy

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs or Saltwater aquarium. They carry different brands, but are both the same hole size.

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that's the ticket. Plug on the inside so you can plumb to drain it easy when/if needed.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that's the ticket. Plug on the inside so you can plumb to drain it easy when/if needed.
Haha sweet. I did lose u tho when you mention plug it on the inside…. So basically put it in backwards? I think I can picture correctly. Obviously other side has to also be a threaded too.

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha sweet. I did lose u tho when you mention plug it on the inside…. So basically put it in backwards? I think I can picture correctly. Obviously other side has to also be a threaded too.
So thread x thread bulkhead. Plug installed inside the tank, wet. Just leaves the inside of the bulkhead dry so there's no mess when you hook up plumbing to drain it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back