Redsea tanks leaking

Quintin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He didn’t say it was a year old. He said he had it for a year and avoided answering whether it was new.
So, caveat emptor then when buying tanks, that aren’t new, especially that size.
He didn’t say it was a year old. He said he had it for a year and avoided answering whether it was new.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really would have to think this is not a new G2 from Redsea if it’s only a year old and not under warranty. Would be nice if the OP would answer that question.

I haven’t come across any threads or posts to my knowledge on any new G2 models having issues.
Exactly and I really wish Red Sea would post stats on this. Of the 10s of thousands of red sea tanks world wide what percentage have had failures? I'm my personal email with the company they said a very minute number have reported issues with their tanks overall. None the less, the G2 have been improved over the g1 models also. Mine is 3 years old now and running like a champ but I'd love to have a larger G2 model too.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly and I really wish Red Sea would post stats on this. Of the 10s of thousands of red sea tanks world wide what percentage have had failures? I'm my personal email with the company they said a very minute number have reported issues with their tanks overall. None the less, the G2 have been improved over the g1 models also. Mine is 3 years old now and running like a champ but I'd love to have a larger G2 model too.
I have a 350 G2 and it is amazing. I hope mine doesn’t have leaks in the future.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a quick search through the forum
ha ha, the search might be quick but the reading of those long threads won’t be lol
This new ultra clear glass we're using now is relatively easy to scratch as well. Difference is yes, you can repair acrylic.
understatement….I own 4 Red Sea Tanks and ALL 4 scratched within a month…my take the glass is butter and skip the Hammerhead magnets and get a Tunze
I’ve got 10 tanks None have scratches. What are you doing to scratch your tank? And starfire scratches just as easily. Difference is you can buff out acrylic.
are all 10 Red Sea? lol and yup, scratched glass stinks to repair
Acrylic tanks pop seems just as frequently. Had a customer with a 300 gallon acrylic tank pop a seem, water went into then hvac vent below the tank, travelled through all the hvac until it got to his furnace and killed it too…

Acrylic is absolutely terrible, not sure how anyone can recommend it for anything other then a zoo enclosure where there is no other option, or a freshwater tank.
say what! …. Only real drawback IMO is “craze-ing” (or whatever it is) … btw have they. solved that yet?

Danielp3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner dodged all questions whether it was the old model or new one.

Buying a cheap used G1 version that was well known to fail, is a bad idea. Of course Red Sea won’t cover it. G2 versions have much better seems. I’ve owned both.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s lying as the seam in an acrylic tank is chemically bonded and generally stronger than the rest of the tank. I’ve only built a few thousand acrylic tanks what would I know. Ever heard of zero edge.
Oh I know! Like I said earlier...Every tank I've ever had has been acrylic.
I'm not only the "hair club president", I'm also a client! ;)

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always tell the people who have never actually Owned acrylic.
One of my acrylic tanks way way back was this crappy cube thing from the old glass cages (because I didnt know better and didn't have the budget I have now), and even that with it's poor seams and cheap undersized acrylic held just fine for close to 15 years until I took it down and gave it to some kid.
And being one of the first tanks I owned, it was scratched to hell, but with water in it, you couldn't see anything, so I don't even understand what that point is. Even though it wasn't so great, I enjoyed the heck out of it.
And never did my reef end up on the floor...

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. So glad I didn't do RedSea. People on here convinced me not to. It's not "if" it will leak, it's "when" it will leak. They look really pretty but pretty doesn't have brains. Though some people have had IM issues too which I hope will not be me.

Also appears BRS has RedSea Max Nano G2's advertised today! Hmmmm I think NO!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back