Leather Corals Turning black??!

BlackiceClowns

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
176
Reaction score
166
Location
Victoria
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
I recently bought a handful of leather corals from an established reef tank that the guy was shutting down. The tank looked a mess and the corals were all closed up. I brought them and some cleanup crew home with me. After adding all the corals, a few of the leathers began turning black and dying. Before I knew it I picked one up to move it and it was mush. Another on has turned black now.

Furthermore I added some of the clean up crew an urchin and an snail) into my existing tank that has a leather in it. This tank has been running for a year and a half with minimal issues. Now another leather that I bought a week ago, that was bright green is also dying and becoming black.

WHAT IS GOING ONNNN

IMG20250508162419.jpg IMG20250508160623.jpg IMG20250429103156.jpg 17467544943262587122377886558058.jpg
 
Leather corals like and need good amount of flow. They are adaptable to lighting, but I find they do better in higher lighting, but most important is to give it good random flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new