LED Biocube

landlocked303

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2017
Messages
40
Reaction score
28
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with the new LED biocube. I have the older coralife biocube and am thinking about buying just the canopy to upgrade the lighting. Have people had good results?
 
I have the 32 LED, little disappointing on how limited I am with these lights, Will be doing the Steve's LED upgrade shortly!
You may want to look into that, I think the have a retro for the 29.
 
Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with the new LED biocube. I have the older coralife biocube and am thinking about buying just the canopy to upgrade the lighting. Have people had good results?

I think you may be better off just doing an LED retrofit on your existing canopy. The canopy on the new one is probably 3/4 of the cost of the whole setup.
 
I agree with donnievaz, Just looked and they do have a kit for the 29, If thats the direction you want to go, other LED's out there but got good reviews on the Steve's
 
Appreciate the input! about a week ago I decided to get rid of the canopy altogether and bought the AI Prime HD. It really is a fantastic product and I'm already seeing improvement in my corals! Definitely need an ATO system with all the evaporation though. I decided to get the AI Prime HD so that when I upgrade tanks in a year or two I can just use the new lights too and add another unit or two depending on size.
 
Appreciate the input! about a week ago I decided to get rid of the canopy altogether and bought the AI Prime HD. It really is a fantastic product and I'm already seeing improvement in my corals! Definitely need an ATO system with all the evaporation though. I decided to get the AI Prime HD so that when I upgrade tanks in a year or two I can just use the new lights too and add another unit or two depending on size.

Probably the best option as well as a lot cheaper. I have a Hydor SmartLevel ATO that works great.
 
I will be setting up my Biocube 32 after the new year, I am not keen on spending that much for the LED upgrade for Steve's, I plan on getting the 16" USA Current Orbit with the controller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new