LED Biocube

landlocked303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with the new LED biocube. I have the older coralife biocube and am thinking about buying just the canopy to upgrade the lighting. Have people had good results?

Cory Kaiser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 32 LED, little disappointing on how limited I am with these lights, Will be doing the Steve's LED upgrade shortly!
You may want to look into that, I think the have a retro for the 29.

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with the new LED biocube. I have the older coralife biocube and am thinking about buying just the canopy to upgrade the lighting. Have people had good results?

I think you may be better off just doing an LED retrofit on your existing canopy. The canopy on the new one is probably 3/4 of the cost of the whole setup.

Cory Kaiser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with donnievaz, Just looked and they do have a kit for the 29, If thats the direction you want to go, other LED's out there but got good reviews on the Steve's

OP
OP
landlocked303

landlocked303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the input! about a week ago I decided to get rid of the canopy altogether and bought the AI Prime HD. It really is a fantastic product and I'm already seeing improvement in my corals! Definitely need an ATO system with all the evaporation though. I decided to get the AI Prime HD so that when I upgrade tanks in a year or two I can just use the new lights too and add another unit or two depending on size.

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the input! about a week ago I decided to get rid of the canopy altogether and bought the AI Prime HD. It really is a fantastic product and I'm already seeing improvement in my corals! Definitely need an ATO system with all the evaporation though. I decided to get the AI Prime HD so that when I upgrade tanks in a year or two I can just use the new lights too and add another unit or two depending on size.

Probably the best option as well as a lot cheaper. I have a Hydor SmartLevel ATO that works great.

George Willings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be setting up my Biocube 32 after the new year, I am not keen on spending that much for the LED upgrade for Steve's, I plan on getting the 16" USA Current Orbit with the controller.

Back