LED light went out.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes I have the fluval marine 2.0 saltwater lights, but they I never had problems growing coral. Maybe I was lucky lol I think they are just amazing lights. I honestly thought he had the same lights as I, the marine 2.0. If he has the fresh water lights you extremely correct they won’t work. But I grew coral like crazy with them.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have two different model numbers......

Model 3992....specs found HERE

First off, it's being sold as FRESHWATER only....so right off the bat, it's not for your tank....very white light.

So not only is it not for saltwater, but as suspected, this fixture contains 356 LEDs, at 59 W. Assuming all 59 watts goes to the LED's, that's less than 0.17W/LED....very weak LED's with poor penetration.

Now the Model 3995....specs found HERE.

A "Marine" led, so that's a good start......but, same deal, 356 LED's at 59 Watts....too weak.

The power supply (they said it's the second one) may have been an interchange (it is liekly)

The tag on the "actual" light is all that counts so yes "reef centric"..

Power supply is 24v 2A (approx) w/ th plug being center positive..

ANY 24V switching ps w 2A or greater will work just fine..No need for branded ..
Like this:
https://www.ledsupply.com/power-sup...MIicvsiKS92wIVSXJ-Ch05ZQeVEAkYASABEgKaevD_BwE

$13.....

As to power, yes one is "generally" not enough..and an upgrade (if dimmable) is recommended but it will cost you..

fluvals are generally weel made and completely waterproof w/ 3yr warranties..

If you want to keep it simple, a $10 or less wall timer is just fine.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ignore. computer is playing tricks on me..

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes I have the fluval marine 2.0 saltwater lights, but they I never had problems growing coral. Maybe I was lucky lol I think they are just amazing lights. I honestly thought he had the same lights as I, the marine 2.0. If he has the fresh water lights you extremely correct they won’t work. But I grew coral like crazy with them.

doesn't but I could argue that for most things it would make little difference w/ fw vs sw..
BUT not necessary. The light head is sw..

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think originally it had 2 of these lights due to having 2 transformers. One is not with it though. Sin e both transformers are bad maybe they thought the other light was bad.

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20180605-153001_Chrome.jpg
This is it.

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power supply (they said it's the second one) may have been an interchange (it is liekly)

The tag on the "actual" light is all that counts so yes "reef centric"..

Power supply is 24v 2A (approx) w/ th plug being center positive..

ANY 24V switching ps w 2A or greater will work just fine..No need for branded ..
Like this:
https://www.ledsupply.com/power-sup...MIicvsiKS92wIVSXJ-Ch05ZQeVEAkYASABEgKaevD_BwE

$13.....

As to power, yes one is "generally" not enough..and an upgrade (if dimmable) is recommended but it will cost you..

fluvals are generally weel made and completely waterproof w/ 3yr warranties..

If you want to keep it simple, a $10 or less wall timer is just fine.
I would need the pin out of the plug on the light. I'm an electrical tech and will figure out out. Just need a diagram of what pin is what.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now may be the time to invest in a different and new type of lighting. Spectrums/PARS are important whether you have fish only or SPS. Even grab a Chinese black box or two and save up for 32" SB reef, kessils or similar

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know much about lighting actually. Is there a light made that is the same size as this one? I can even hang it from the top of necessary.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now may be the time to invest in a different and new type of lighting. Spectrums/PARS are important whether you have fish only or SPS. Even grab a Chinese black box or two and save up for 32" SB reef, kessils or similar

Hello,

Was curious as to why these lights would need to be replaced? As long as he has the proper things to run them the lights are great. The parts are easily available, and as long as they are on a tank smaller than 125 they work amazing. Was just curious as to the experience you have with them and why you claim that is all.

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Was curious as to why these lights would need to be replaced? As long as he has the proper things to run them the lights are great. The parts are easily available, and as long as they are on a tank smaller than 125 they work amazing. Was just curious as to the experience you have with them and why you claim that is all.
Still have the parts? I may need them sooner than later. I know your busy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back