LED recs for a deep tank

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a 72”l x 48”h x 36”d mixed reef. The tank is being built into a wall, so no side viewing. The rock structures are going to be oriented on each end of the tank, with the middle open. Everything will be in the front 2/3 of the tank, with nothing up against the back, and no direct light hitting the back.

For most of the tank, I’m going to do Hydra 56s (I like the programmability) and some dimmable T5s.

However, I also want to try to include a few more powerful LEDs around the front-center part of the tank. The goal is to try to get a few relative ‘hot-spots’ near the bottom where I can get ~75 PAR (or higher, if possible).

Any ideas for a few high-powered LED spotlights?

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek Atlantik V4s should do the trick. They're powerful enough to allow mounting high enough to avoid most salt spray issues.

OP
OP
Gregg @ ADP

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek Atlantik V4s should do the trick. They're powerful enough to allow mounting high enough to avoid most salt spray issues.
Thanks, Dana.

I was just looking at the P3 Pendant with the 5 degree deep-water lens. According to Orphek, they’re getting PAR readings at a 48” depth of >100 over a 1’^2 area, with a peak of close to 200.

If that is accurate, those seem perfect. Any experience with these?

Last edited:

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Dana.

I was just looking at the P3 Pendant with the 5 degree deep-water lens. According to Orphek, they’re getting PAR readings at a 48” depth of >100 over a 1’^2 area, with a peak of close to 200.

If that is accurate, those seem perfect. Any experience with these?
I don't with the pendants. Happy with the Atlantiks though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back