LED suggestion for a 46BF

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into a diy led for my 46 bf. 36"X18"deep. I have SPS and softies. I would have to have a manualy dimmable set up. Any suggestions? How many leds? Favorite colors? I'm mainly interested in getting good growth and color.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally didnt like the standard 2:1 Blue/White Ratio.The look appeared washed out to me. I have a build thread here on R2R. True Violet is a nice effect but easily overpowered so a higher ratio is recommended. Regular Blues bring out some of the warmer colors, and ive been trying out some 660nm reds. I tried turqoise, but it didnt seem to add anything that the regular blues( not to be confused with RB) didnt already pop. As far as "LED tech support," Onedesign1 is a good source for info

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot depends on the specific Bin of the Cool White and Royal Blue. If you choose the right Bin a 2:1 works quite well.

The closer to 450nM the Royal Blue is the more colour pop. As far as the Cool Whites the cooler bins say 7.5K give you the best look. I would not go warmer than 6K.

There are a lot of different Cree 3 watt LEDs sold online. Its best to choose Bins specifically tailored for the reef.

Bill

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back