Leds or T5???

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamfinke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
for that price range your going to have to go with the black box chinese fixtures. T5s have great color but I dont like how you have to replace bulbs every 6-10 months and that they are $20+ each. I would say if you go t5, your going to want a 6 bulb fixture at a minimum.
 
Im running 6 T5s now, just decideing if I replace everything with leds or do I just replace bulbs so many great ideas.
 
I'd buck up and buy some korallen Zucht bulbs for your fixture and watch your corals outgrow the LED guys corals
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new