Legos

Need to build a stand to raise my skimmer has anything been posted as to whether or not Legos are reef safe
Legos are ABS plastic, which is generally considered reef safe people have used them in sumps for years without issues. Just give them a good rinse first and avoid any older bricks that might have decals or paint. Solid cheap option for a skimmer riser.
 
Not everything in that thread is accurate, but I’ve not heard Lego’s are not reef safe.

I would NOT use older legos as they may contain cadmium. Use new ones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new