Lemonpeel angel in 32 gallon tank?

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a fairly new 32 gallon biocube setup and by fairly new I mean running for less than a year. The only livestock I have currently is a pair of clowns, cleaner shrimp and a handful of snails. I also have a bubble coral, kenya tree and a small patch of zoas. My plan for the tank is to keep it to mostly leathers and softy corals that grow fast and require low maintenance. My absolute favorite fish is the Lemonpeel angelfish and would love to have one in the tank but I know it is suggested that you have a 70 gallon to keep them. Could a juvenile captive bred one work in a tank of my size?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I have a fairly new 32 gallon biocube setup and by fairly new I mean running for less than a year. The only livestock I have currently is a pair of clowns, cleaner shrimp and a handful of snails. I also have a bubble coral, kenya tree and a small patch of zoas. My plan for the tank is to keep it to mostly leathers and softy corals that grow fast and require low maintenance. My absolute favorite fish is the Lemonpeel angelfish and would love to have one in the tank but I know it is suggested that you have a 70 gallon to keep them. Could a juvenile captive bred one work in a tank of my size?
Lemon peel will work in this tank HOWEVER expect that it May nip on softies but not always- Just a gamble

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a lemonpeel in a 32 gallon - it didn't nip corals that I noticed anyway, but it did nibble at the rocks around my mushrooms and really irritated them. They ARE notoriously one of the worst for eventually nipping corals. Pretty active fish though, so a larger tank (particularly length-wise) would of course be better... they also are one of the larger dwarf angels when fully mature (4" I believe). I love them too, they're my favorite dwarf angel and the color is stiking... but if I still had a 32 gallon I would personally go with a cherub angel as they stay smaller. ;)

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did u ever get this lemonpeel? And if so how is he doing in your tank? Nipping at zoas?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back