less holes as possible in storage tank?

ifreefingwasaperson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
274
Reaction score
90
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to limit the number of holes drilled into norwesco tanks. Im adding return from pump and sediment filter, float valve, dos awc, heater, temp probe, optical sensors. Ive read about the uniseal and pvc with a cap. I think i would rather go through the lid instead of the tank. Any ideas ? Pics? Could I eliminate the float valve and depend on the apex and two solenoids and maybe a flo lok sensor for protection? I did some maintenance recently and found discoloration on all the float valves. What are the blue center pieces for on the caps of the tanks?
 
Im trying to limit the number of holes drilled into norwesco tanks. Im adding return from pump and sediment filter, float valve, dos awc, heater, temp probe, optical sensors. Ive read about the uniseal and pvc with a cap. I think i would rather go through the lid instead of the tank. Any ideas ? Pics? Could I eliminate the float valve and depend on the apex and two solenoids and maybe a flo lok sensor for protection? I did some maintenance recently and found discoloration on all the float valves. What are the blue center pieces for on the caps of the tanks?
i noticed they pop out and a 2'' pvc pipe fits
 
a replacement lid is only 10 bucks. i believe going through the top makes more sense.. pic and ideas of going through the lid??
 
I like the uniseals. I run my pipes through them without any leaks. Run wire through them then plug the rest up with a rubber stopper. I don’t want anything in the lids so I can take them off to add salt, drop my graduated cylinder in for a measurement, etc.
27224E8B-F07A-4B53-8C14-4E11FBFC667C.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new