• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Let down by aquamaxx

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Venting a bit

i feel really let down by a company that many people like and approve of or its just they do lots of advertising

I purchased a aquamaxx reactor on amazon may 7 to setup a chato reactor, this week i had some time to set it up so i take it off the shelf, wrap the lights around it, put some chato inside, tighten the screws and connect a pump to it, it starts leaking
so i look to see where the source of the leak is and there is a crack connecting the front two screws.
Im way passed my return date on amazon so i contact aquamaxx on Facebook i received a reply to deal with amazon i answered im past my return date then no response from them,
so i figured maybe they don’t use Facebook much so i turn to email support i make sure to mention im past my return date they reply that they cant do anything i can use acrylic glue to fix it or buy a new one from marinedepot (they actually gave me their number)

So acrylic glue won’t work unless i glue some bracing and that would be plain wrong to ugly up a new reactor

And trying to sell me another is just wrong
Knowing that i have a brand new reactor and its cracked a discount or replacement would have been the proper thing to do for a company that stands behind their product and supply chain
Butttttt they don’t (well not in this case at least)
I should have not received a broken reactor the box was not damaged at all makes me think it was broken in the factory (probably dropped)

Im really upset and let down $60 loss and no chato reactor

cacba1d39f4a1241039b0cd488b1e274.jpg

fa704fbe2389bcbbf9570fd37a0eb390.jpg

12ee4d130bbe4653842c909c684d2267.jpg

9f282e3ce6f692482c732d7dc772b7cc.jpg

Ps. the piece is totally separated

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is absolutely no damage to the box at all so im positive it was packed like that

You buy a product from any reputable company if its new and broken the least you do is offer a discount not try sell a new one at full price its a $65 reactor not cheap at all

76c48eacc4c6cc854534e92b549154da.jpg

04b62f6f49c16eed8c3c3de557d15f8b.jpg

3f97ab5d73d33220ede45f56bd9c2453.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquamaxx = Marine Depot brand

Unless it's being sold by Marine Depot on Amazon, who knows what you're really buying. A scratch and dent item someone is reselling? It's possible.

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that too but once the customer is out of options don’t tell him the new reactor he purchased ($65) is garbage and buy a new one from us

When companies don’t have good customer relations that’s when they fall apart
it literally cost them $15 or less to make these things
They need to back there products
Even if it wasn’t new reactors should not crack like that

49867cd81d1b57dadc80ceac0f1d7820.jpg

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t trust the “weldon” to hold up to the pressure of a pump pumping water into it with the pressure that the screws will put on that area

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The claim they do but if there is physical damage they don’t
And thats a oxymoron if u build something and it breaks because of the way you made it you should back that product
But thats not my case in my case it was broken before it went into the box
Box has nothing wrong with it

Ben Henwood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at these guys... https://avastmarine.com/collections/you-built

I built a MR-10 Fluidized Media Reactor from the kit. Top notch quality and I have no one to blame about the glue up job but me. LOL It was super easy to do as long as you pay attention and follow the directions. I'm running bio pellets in mine, but I don't see why you couldn't use it to tumble algae...I would get the big one to do that though.

OP
OP
ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

So about a week after i made this post aquamaxx contacted me offering a replacement of the body if i can prove i purchased it so i send them the receipt and about 2 weeks later i had a new body im not sure if its from this Post or they realized its bad business not to stand by your product
All in all they made it right the chato reactor is working very nicely lots and lots of chato

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was likely the post that got them to do what they should have done in the first place.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back