Let me see your "Tree" scape

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A8CFE357-C9FF-47A4-8E3B-B07FB27372F3.jpeg

Trying to make a Pulsing Xenia tree, but it’s been slow to spread. :)

whitcory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For lack of better term.. I am itching to set up my pico tank and I want to give it a tree look. Something tall and branchy instead of piles of rock for a different look.

Looking for ideas to see what you've all done, big or small. Share, inspire me!
Tree(ish)...

20210223_144531.jpg
I have the same tank! Curious how yours is turning out!

whitcory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For lack of better term.. I am itching to set up my pico tank and I want to give it a tree look. Something tall and branchy instead of piles of rock for a different look.

Looking for ideas to see what you've all done, big or small. Share, inspire me!

IMG_8592.jpg
Here is my "Tree." Different style tank but I like it. Have to be creative with this type of tank from a rockscaping perspective. Enjoy!

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank! Curious how yours is turning out!
It's great. I went softies for a bit and then back to FOWLR lol. So it looks like the original picture again. How do you like it?

20210613_173738.jpg Screenshot_20210507-223311_Messages.jpg

Last edited:

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8592.jpg
Here is my "Tree." Different style tank but I like it. Have to be creative with this type of tank from a rockscaping perspective. Enjoy!
That looks awesome! Definitely some challenges for scaping deep tanks.

whitcory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's great. I went softies for a bit and then back to FOWLR lol. So it looks like the original picture again. How do you like it?
Looks good. Wow, you fit a Yellow Tang in there! I started like you and went with a full reef. It is getting full though but I love the look of it. Why the move to FOWLR?

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Wow, you fit a Yellow Tang in there! I started like you and went with a full reef. It is getting full though but I love the look of it. Why the move to FOWLR?
The Yellow Tang has been moved to my 187 FOWLR with the big boys. Very nice. Upload some pics! Would love to see it. Yeah fills out quick and cool to see with almost a 360 degree view. For me personally, I've never been big into corals. I've switched back and forth many times from reef over the years because I see these nice colorful tanks but honestly I much prefer lots of fish and a nice aquascape.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the shape. Fish must love swimming through it.
They absolutely do. Zig-zag all day within the swim throughs. All credit goes to Top Shelf Aquatics. They built a beautiful aquascape based on a description of what I had in mind. Very appreciative of what they built.

Back