Let's Divert From Reefs Momentarily Let's See Flowers

Night blooming Cirrus
20220808_001344.jpg


crab claw ginger
20230526_185851.jpg
Wow!!
 
Thanks everyone. When I started this thread I had no idea it would garner so many responses. Lovely pics! Keep 'em coming!
 
Few new ones I got two weeks ago
IMG_1160.jpeg
IMG_1156.jpeg
 
Old English fragrance roses. My specialty.

PXL_20250530_150859794.jpg PXL_20250530_150847748.jpg PXL_20250528_001043673.jpg
PXL_20250530_150859794.jpg
PXL_20250530_150847748.jpg
PXL_20250528_001043673.jpg
Stunning!

Roses aren’t our specialty but they sure are happy this spring

IMG_6954.jpeg


IMG_6953.jpeg


I was worried we had a brutal winter with a lot of snow, a lot of freezing and thawing and freezing again, we lost some perrenials for the first time. All of the roses pulled through!

Wife saw aphids on one this morning, how do you combat those?
 
Stunning!

Roses aren’t our specialty but they sure are happy this spring

IMG_6954.jpeg


IMG_6953.jpeg


I was worried we had a brutal winter with a lot of snow, a lot of freezing and thawing and freezing again, we lost some perrenials for the first time. All of the roses pulled through!

Wife saw aphids on one this morning, how do you combat those?

Getting ladybugs is the long term solution for aphids - they're the premier aphid predator. Neem oil or a dish soap + water solution are the short term, quick solutions: not ideal, but they kinda work and work against japanese beetles too if you run into those.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new