Let's just get CRAZY here at R2R!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
th

Forum where members will be announced when it is there Birthday.

Wilsoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk whether this would be useful or not, but I think it would be cool to add a simple water parameter logging feature. It would be cool to see something similar to what the Apex Fusion dashboard offers, with a timeline in your profile so you and other members can quickly view that information

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple things I would like to see.
  1. Consistent monthly Reef Spotlights. From what I can find, December 2015 was the last one. It would also be great if there was a dedicated link on the home page to the previous spotlights
  1. How about the ability to have the latest post be the first item that pops up in a thread instead of the last post?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple things I would like to
  1. How about the ability to have the latest post be the first item that pops up in a thread instead of the last post?

It does this already. If you post or subscribe to a thread it will send you a alert and when you click on the alert it takes you the the 1st unread post

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be this site called, AAA which stood for Alien Adoption Agency. The founder, owner and creator was part genius I tell you.
He had a way of getting everyone involved and it was addictive. It kept track of how much time you spent on the site and for some people it was a bit shocking. Some members had spent 5 years of their lives investing into this online center. It was incredible really!
My brother was one of the games elected (by game players) officials who would be responsible for holding an office (like congress, mayor, governor, etc) and taking care of certain places within the site.
There were daily, weekly, monthly and yearly raffles and prizes along with a intricate point system.

My only suggestion at this time would be to add a system that would keep track of individuals, what they were doing and how well they were doing it.
For instance:
David's Society has been on this site for 3 consecutive years and has retained 15 new members since he became a new member.
He created/founded one club, helped fix 3 bugs, found 17 typos, caught 5 dishonest members, welcomed 1,700 new members
who have produced 100 pages of helpful content which include 97 photo's, 17 hours of video footage and have given away 36 frags.
Each level could be rewarded with a prize of some sort as well as a new badge that could be created.

This is a great site, but it lacks more content to become involved in. More types of content to keep the mind busy and make it fun and addictive in the process.
What if someone could be rewarded for adding so many photo's or winning so many TOM contests or grow out contests. The reward could be a free month of website membership fees.
How many individuals put hundreds of hours into this website every month, I would like to know how many hours.
Who has the most frags on this site? I would like to know.
Who has the most systems up and running, yea I'd like to know.
Who has coded the most content here? Yep, that would be sick to track.

What I am after is tracking everything and having some type of reward for all of it.
There is already so much content here and it's a fantastic foundation to build on.
I just remember AAA and how awesome and addictive it was.
Individuals had a hard time logging off and sleeping, everyone was working to make the site better, not just the moderators or paid team members.

Here is that site: http://www.alienaa.com/

VIPReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an option where we can just bypass all that's written and just see the pics on a thread like a photo album.

Very useful, IMO, for new tank builds.

You guys are doing an awesome job thanks!

My $.02

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the ability to have the latest post be the first item that pops up in a thread instead of the last post?
Click the dot to the left of the thread title, and that'll take you to the first unread post.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking a lot here but a BS filter would be nice LOL.
You're right to many newbies that have no clue that a lot of people are old school and know better methods and the newbies need to sit and listen. And shut up.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right to many newbies that have no clue that a lot of people are old school and know better methods and the newbies need to sit and listen. And shut up.
Seriously? I don't think that is the kind of direction reef2reef wants to go. The concept of this forum is to help all people no matter the level of skill in a friendly manner. Your method discourages newbies as you call them from asking questions and all together avoiding this great forum.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back