Let's just get CRAZY here at R2R!

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a product review section would be the most helpful, a subsection in the equipment tab. As I am planning my new build it has been a PIA finding reviews on equipment I need. The product reviews could be split into sections again with tiles like return pumps, powerheads, skimmers, supplements etc. As far as I can tell you have to use the search function now and it's limiting because you have to search by thread title or topic which often times leads to not what I'm looking for.

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about more grow out contest. Maybe have a section for vendors to promote a grow out for say 6 months. Vendors would send out frags that are all the same size and each person would pay shipping of the frag. Then have maybe a couple vendors team together for the prize.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right to many newbies that have no clue that a lot of people are old school and know better methods and the newbies need to sit and listen. And shut up.
Seriously? I don't think that is the kind of direction reef2reef wants to go. The concept of this forum is to help all people no matter the level of skill in a friendly manner. Your method discourages newbies as you call them from asking questions and all together avoiding this great forum.
Fortunately, for many the "ignore" feature works quite well...

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a product review section would be the most helpful, a subsection in the equipment tab. As I am planning my new build it has been a PIA finding reviews on equipment I need. The product reviews could be split into sections again with tiles like return pumps, powerheads, skimmers, supplements etc. As far as I can tell you have to use the search function now and it's limiting because you have to search by thread title or topic which often times leads to not what I'm looking for.
We had it in the past, but intentionally consolidated it with the Equipment forum. A few problems being threads were constantly being created in those forums with specific equipment questions, not reviews. And then there were simply a lack of relevant reviews in general; things tend to get dated pretty quickly.

The search function works deeper than just the thread title; there is the option to limit it only to the thread title if desired, however.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a forum section for the younger reefers (maybe under 18).

That way answers can be geared more towards their age level.

And maybe some of the advanced members could be paired with a younger member as a mentor?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Start a thread and get some support for the idea and I will get it going! I like the idea just need to prove that people want it and would use.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We had it in the past, but intentionally consolidated it with the Equipment forum. A few problems being threads were constantly being created in those forums with specific equipment questions, not reviews. And then there were simply a lack of relevant reviews in general; things tend to get dated pretty quickly.

The search function works deeper than just the thread title; there is the option to limit it only to the thread title if desired, however.

This is true! But now we have the software to pull it off correctly.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back