Let's just get CRAZY here at R2R!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We've always valued the input and ideas from our members and occasionally have a thread where you all could share ideas for the community. So let's do it again!

Do you have any ideas as far as things we could add or do that would make this place better?

Think outside the box!

Thanks!

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think howto videos that summarize the collective wisdom of pinned or very popular threads would be useful. For example, howto quarantine fish where the discussion might be options as to what specific regimen to use, and/or tank transfer methods versus medication. Or, how to make a silent overflow, or ...

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think howto videos that summarize the collective wisdom of pinned or very popular threads would be useful. For example, howto quarantine fish where the discussion might be options as to what specific regimen to use, and/or tank transfer methods versus medication. Or, how to make a silent overflow, or ...

We have r2r TV going with different topics pretty often and in each section of the forum there are sticky threads that usually cover the faq's and important stuff.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe explain the points we accumulate better, have never understood what they're for, just know they're there.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the old blog I could hover over the abbreviation (LFS) and it would pop up what LFS was. I liked the feature.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've actually watched some of the videos and read many of the long threads. They are incredibly useful. But, I was trying to say that a 4 - 5 year old thread is just too hard to follow and has many side tracks and possible false starts, as well as outdated knowledge. So an expert review of the thread would be really useful. Whether that is a video or text, I just would prefer video. Sort of the 'long thread #x for dummies' concept :)

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Free swag for guys named Jason who live at my house.:D

Maybe for the main page Id kinda suggest a spot for frequently asked questions or links to the best stickies(esp ones that have been locked) and articles. Esp great for newbs looking for info. Calculators for us sophomores.
It's could be a good hook to garner interest in the subject and read further into the thread or other threads as it's an almost at a glance guide to the site.
For me anyway doing research, I like to read up and I will still have questions, so ill wind up posting in those I find or will know more where to ask my specific questions.
I think itll also help to introduce some of the great folks here and their area of expertise and where to find assistance and advice in those areas.

My .02 sir. And thanks again for the site.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vertigo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a newbie growout thread. Where a newbie to the scene has an opportunity to score an upgraded piece of equipment or sweet piece of coral for the most improved system each quarter.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe explain the points we accumulate better, have never understood what they're for, just know they're there.

What points are you talking about?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trophy points, Hunter explained in a post after.
Screenshot_2016-02-25-16-49-28.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back