OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a pic of my green clown goby.

BA0E1E84-5317-4732-92DC-74808332FC19.jpeg
a little camera shy haha

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Yasha that I got many months ago an FINALLY is spending some time out in the open. Talk about shy!
a121ee49f84a66247cc6482dde53f8d2.jpg
I got a pair a little over a week ago and still haven’t seen them out. How long did it take yours? I’m kind of getting nervous

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pair a little over a week ago and still haven’t seen them out. How long did it take yours? I’m kind of getting nervous
No exaggeration, after about the fourth day I did not see him for over a month. I thought he had died. Then one day my girlfriend saw him poking his head out from a burrow! I would catch glimpses of him after that for the next two months, then recently he was coming out just a bit more for feeding. Now he's finally out swimming around after 5 months!

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No exaggeration, after about the fourth day I did not see him for over a month. I thought he had died. Then one day my girlfriend saw him poking his head out from a burrow! I would catch glimpses of him after that for the next two months, then recently he was coming out just a bit more for feeding. Now he's finally out swimming around after 5 months!
Good to know. I knew these guys would be timid but not this timid hahah! I’ve only seen one of the two (I think) so I’m hoping the other is in there somewhere. Also haven’t seen the pistol shrimp but that might be asking for a little too much lol. I’ll give them a few more weeks to settle in

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fire goby is the same way i think they are just like that haha mine only comes out when the food goes in then back to hiding again

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the fish I’m most excited about. You guys see them doing the den thing consistently or is that hit and miss?

I actually created the Den for both of my pair before I got them. I used a 2"x36" piece of clear acrylic tubing to add them to Dens, they went right in. The shrimp closed up the original entrance on one den & made his own & that's the one they use.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally found my pair! The Yashas made a den in the back of the tank. It isn't too bad since I could see them from the side but isn't really ideal. I'll upload pictures when I get a chance:p

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back