Let's see your controller boards/cabinets!!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you buy the R2R logo plate?

We are going to do a giveaway for one on R2R with that faceplate pretty soon here, I believe. We can sell them as well, but we'd need to order several for it to make fiscal sense. We can also have a custom logo put on there for you but there would be a minimum purchase required.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are going to do a giveaway for one on R2R with that faceplate pretty soon here, I believe. We can sell them as well, but we'd need to order several for it to make fiscal sense. We can also have a custom logo put on there for you but there would be a minimum purchase required.
I thought I already won that one...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, no offense but that looks like a custom price to me. There are many cabinets (not for reef tanks) that can be used and they cost less than one of your face plates.

Not offended at all. It's not for everyone. Having seen one all set up at MACNA, I have to say I think they are pretty darn cool. This coming from a person who is not particularly handy. So for someone like me, who really wants to do a better job with wire management on my next system, it's an achievable way to make my system look as clean and professional as others I see online and drool over!

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4942.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

"Alexa, ask Apex Fusion for status report" :p
Hi..nice setup. From where did u get the stand for the Apex system ?

destro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi..nice setup. From where did u get the stand for the Apex system ?

I used the Ikea Besta storage cabinet. Fully customization using their in store computer software - Besta Planner. You can design your own cabinet from color, type of front door, windowed clear, windowed frosted, single or double stand, lights, type of shelving etc.

The backing of the cabinet is thin chipboard that I replaced with shelving board for added equipment mount support. I think the cabinet is larger than most will want but I like it for the added storage.

I used brushed stainless grommets to match the component body color. Left extra space on the left side for future additions.

IMG_4849.jpg

Last edited:

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the Ikea Besta storage cabinet. Fully customization using their in store computer software - Besta Planner. You can design your own cabinet from color, type of front door, windowed clear, windowed frosted, single or double stand, lights, type of shelving etc.

The backing of the cabinet is thin chipboard that I replaced with shelving board for added equipment mount support. I think the cabinet is larger than most will want but I like it for the added storage.

I used brushed stainless grommets to match the component body color. Left extra space on the left side for future additions.

IMG_4849.jpg
Got any pics of the board installed in the cabinet? Is it fixed or removable? I just got a Besta cabinet for equipment.

destro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any pics of the board installed in the cabinet? Is it fixed or removable? I just got a Besta cabinet for equipment.

If I had to do it again, I would screw the backboard to the back of the cabinet frame. I took the measurements from the inside so that wasn't an option for me. I used angle brackets to secured it (fixed). Hope you discover a better method.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5CE2E0F4-F403-4D94-90BD-1E6327359120.jpeg

here’s mine. Pretty simple. The Apex power bar is mounted on the back side.

Am I the only one that thinks it’s actually kinda useless? I have my VarioS and MP40 controllers there but never touch them as I control those all through my apex.

honestly, if I could do it again I’d shove everything besides the apex gear behind the stand and make a smaller board so I could have more room in the cabinet to store stuff.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back