Let's see your GHL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shih87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an insane set up!!!
Thanks. Running this way for past 3 years.

It needs great amount of effort since design phase but pay off when a long vocation coming and away from home.

Here is another video I made which show since design phase in 2014.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to rain on this parade of coolness, but what makes the GHL worth $1,000.00 dollars verses the $710.00 for the Apex (on sale)?

I was able t look at both at RAP Orlando and I was not able to learn why is price difference?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tiger-Paws - Not sure where you would say $1000 compared to Apex. You could actually do the Mega Set which is equivalent to the Apex, if you do not want to Color display also. The Mega Set $849 and I please there was a 15% coupon off on items which means the set would have been around $722.

So the difference is approx 12 dollars. Is that a better comparison? The Apex would come with two extra controlled outlets (8 Controlled Outlets) on the EB832, the P4 has only 5 control outlets 1 always on for 6 total. The P4 comes with a display on the unit, and the ability to plug in expansion modules without having aqua bus cables and modules.

You can see some of the other comparisons in my post:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switching-controllers.316106/

Hope this helps :)

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tiger-Paws - Not sure where you would say $1000 compared to Apex. You could actually do the Mega Set which is equivalent to the Apex, if you do not want to Color display also. The Mega Set $849 and I please there was a 15% coupon off on items which means the set would have been around $722.

So the difference is approx 12 dollars. Is that a better comparison? The Apex would come with two extra controlled outlets (8 Controlled Outlets) on the EB832, the P4 has only 5 control outlets 1 always on for 6 total. The P4 comes with a display on the unit, and the ability to plug in expansion modules without having aqua bus cables and modules.

You can see some of the other comparisons in my post:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switching-controllers.316106/

Hope this helps :)
Thank you, GHL did not discuss this at all at RAP. I really do not care about the display, more about the web interface and probes (Ph, Salinity, ORP & Temp)

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tiger-Paws No problem glad to help :)
I an still a little confused about the exact differences between the GHL and the Apex?

Would the GHL come with similar probes (4) as the Apex?

What are some of the differences besides the on unit display (I do not need this)?

What about US based support?

I have yet to purchase a controller but plan to do so shortly.

Why GHL instead of Apex?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
US support is great. If you where at RAP Marco and his wife where there so you may have talked to them. It’s pretty hands on and personnel tech support. Marco will call you up personally and work with you on the phone and screen share to help with setup if needed. While I have ORP and salinity probes they can be a pain to keep calibrated. I don’t use them for any serious use. More of a selling point for a newbie that has never had a controller.

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
US support is great. If you where at RAP Marco and his wife where there so you may have talked to them. It’s pretty hands on and personnel tech support. Marco will call you up personally and work with you on the phone and screen share to help with setup if needed. While I have ORP and salinity probes they can be a pain to keep calibrated. I don’t use them for any serious use. More of a selling point for a newbie that has never had a controller.

Thank you for the reply. ORP is critical for me as I am using Ozone. Salinity is less of a concern as I have an ATO and the range is not changing much. But ORP is very important.

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a full apex system using three DOS pumps and couldn’t stand the noise. It made me crazy as I could hear it everywhere in the house. Guests used to ask me what was going on when the pumps started. Meant I couldn’t dose anything at night.
Switched to GHL. We had some bumps in the road getting everything set up, which included some hardware issues, but now things run smoothly. I have 3 of the 2.1 dosing units and unless I’m right beside the pumps, can’t hear a thing.
Also, the GHL dosing pumps can be programmed to run backwards, which the apex could not. It means when I dose refrigerated foods, I can draw it back into the fridge after feeding the tank.
I run 2 ORP probes for ozone. They were actually pretty easy to set up, once you get to know your way around the program.
Also, I use the USB interface to Control centre whenever I’m programming. Just more stable.

shih87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know it just me or someone has similar experience below.

I have a completed Apex system with DOS (their doser), and I also used two GHL 2.1 doser standalone without P4. Both have PROS and CONS on price, quality, etc.... But my remote access experience on both Apex Fusion and GHL myGHL, that Apex Fusion is way better on GUI design, full function access, and access response time when compare to GHL myGHL.

Basically myGHL give me an unbelievable slow response time when try to do a single change via myGHL.
Is this just me or others have similar experience? Or it is some issue because location that I live in Taiwan?

Thanks.

Last edited:

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myghl had gotten a lot better.
Here's my setup.

3934903fafa6ea105a88681ee338dd21.jpg

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back