Let's see your Ice Fire echinata!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,653
Reaction score
67,845
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Show 'em off here!! I'd post one of mine...but sadly this is a piece I haven't been fortunate enough to pick up yet. Soon though...hopefully very soon...
 
Not the greatest pic but this piece has been doing well for more. I can't wait for it to get huge :)

Aquascene icefire echinata

IMG_0041.JPG
 
Bump for more ICEFIRE!
 
I had a small frag that was starting to grow and color up until.... DINOS! I don't remember what site I saw this on, but someone had a crash and a lot of their sps frags RTN'd but he left them in the tank and a month later they started coloring up and growing again, there was before and after pictures. I can't bring myself to pull the frag out yet, maybe it will come back from the dead.

The dinos are pretty much gone, but this is what I'm left with. It was a tiny frag when I put it in the tank, the last few months it really started to take off with growth...until the dinos.
IMG_1101_zpsktryhsjj.jpg
 
True echinatas are hands down my favorite acro and coral. Definitely following!
 
I love the icefire and used to sell frags of it, but I stopped because the mortality rate tends to be pretty high. It's a very difficult acro. But well worth it if you can keep it alive in your tank!
 
I saw a big colony of this yesterday at one of my lfs. Definitely nice. Didn know it was so difficult to keep otherwise I'd like a frag to try out.
 
I saw a big colony of this yesterday at one of my lfs. Definitely nice. Didn know it was so difficult to keep otherwise I'd like a frag to try out.

This one is indicative of most deep waters... fairly hard. I would be on the money with parameters and have the best lighting.

Dragons and Hawkins are a few of the easier deep waters and a good litmus. If these are a no-go, then stay away from other echinata.
 
This one is indicative of most deep waters... fairly hard. I would be on the money with parameters and have the best lighting.

Dragons and Hawkins are a few of the easier deep waters and a good litmus. If these are a no-go, then stay away from other echinata.
Perfectly stated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new