Let's talk about hobby terms: "Build Thread" VS "Tank Journal"

Which term is better?

  • "Build Thread"

    Votes: 46 52.3%
  • "Tank Journal"

    Votes: 42 47.7%

  • Total voters
    88
Yes! You can add multiple tanks, and they will all show up under your showcase page. :cool:
What is the process for adding a Showcase page and how would I add to it? Also just to be clear, what I add, would be a link to a thread? Maybe with a photo?
 
The what is the process for adding a Showcase page and how would I add to it? Also just to be clear, what I add, would be a link to a thread? Maybe with a photo?
It's actually a profile of your tank, and yes, you can add as many photos as you'd like. Here's a link to the showcase: https://www.reef2reef.com/showcase/ Go there and click the button on the top right "Add Item."

And once you make one, you even get a new "My Aquarium Showcase" badge that links directly to your showcase.
 
After reading all of this, I am stuck by how badly I suddenly need a badge that says "badge". Better yet, a "badge badge".
 
Just to throw some fuel on the fire, how about Diary? Reef Diary or Tank Diary or Build Diary.
Angela Bassett Burn GIF
Moneypit Log would work too!
 
After considering the feedback we've received about the term "journal" we recognize that for some people this gives the idea of a private writing. That's certainly not how we were thinking of it, and it seems odd to think of anything posted on a public forum as "private" content that others shouldn't comment on. However, we hear the perspectives shared, and so we've decided to go ahead and change the badge wording to "My Tank Thread." We'll continue to workshop this term and think it through some more, but for now, hopefully this is a helpful shift. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new