OP
OP
Michael7979

Michael7979

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the Sammy's is fresh, it's a good Oatmeal. In the market I'm in, it is usually fresh (they just passed legislation to allow higher percentages, so we get to have some good beer now and many are grateful;)), but if it is old, it isn't so good. Same with Guinness. Probably 5 years into drinking it, I finally had a good bottle of draught. Then I knew how it was supposed to taste and never looked back (still hit bad ones from time to time).

Since Alabama uses a third party state run system to sell beer to businesses in the State, it is unlikely that we'll be able to get the Rogue Hazel Nut Brown Nectar locally any time soon. I have no issue with driving an hour to Georgia to pick some up, though;).

Had several good beers at a McMinnimins (I think that was the name or something along those lines) in Portland (Or). A brewery restaurant with a cinema and courtyard eating built into an old school. Really cool place and good beer.

Yes you are correct! Mcmeniman's is the place and I have been to that one before also. They have 6-8 around the state and all are old schools or some weird building that they turn into a hotel or restaraunt or whatever. Their Ruby is a good summer beer, but I like the Hammerhead.

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is beer really that tasty I cannot stand the taste and never acquired the taste A nice mixed drink on New years eve other than that never acquired the taste am I missing out on something I feel like I am..

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love blue moon from the tap. Also shock top is good if you want a lighter version of blue moon. I'll drink almost anything except hoppy stuff. Just cant aquire the taste.

OP
OP
Michael7979

Michael7979

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well If you guys wanna start talking about liquor that's a whole different thread! :)

Jack and soda is my favorite, but in the summer a good gin and squirt is nice and there is aways Crown too!

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another good beer from Austraila, (atleast to me), is Toohey.
I was told that down there Fosters is like Coors is here. Just their big main beer and their are better ones that aren't as popular in the states.

Here in Oregon we are lucky to have alot and I mean alot of Micro Beer brewing Companys!!

Come on I can't people more people on here aren't having a beer now and again! Let's hear about it.

Tooheys Dry is good. Was blown away by how $ beer is over there

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bison makes a honey basil beer..............very delicious!

Rmorales13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbreweries make some good beer and always fun to support your locals. :)
On the other hand I like magic hat's beers...fat tire...southern pecan by lazy magnolia out of the keg is goood...the ignorant b is a good one as well...rogue dead guy, along with some of the other rogue beers that I can't think of off the top of my head...sam smith oatmeal stout...smithwicks out of a keg...fiddlers elbow, which I haven't found in a while...the microbreweries in milwaukee make some good beer too, I miss having my brother live up there...I think i can go on for a while longer but I may be drinking something red at the moment...

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Samuel smith- nut brown ale and oatmeal stout.

There is a a organic I believe Samuel smith makes as well but I'm not sure but it's amazing. Comes in strawberry, raspberry, and a few others. They are like 9% alcohol and freaking delicious lol.

Also like blue moon, shock top, use to drink a lot of the Averie's series but at $9 a bottle I laid off lol, really anything dark or a dark amber is good haha

Bud light, coors, all those just hoppy water lol but bud light platinum isn't bad

Sent from my iPhone by spaceships!

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lone Star light. Problem is it's hard to find here and when you do it's $7.99 a six pack. My favorite beer though. Once you have 2 or 3 you can actually decipher the puzzle in the cap.

I also like Shiner but it weighs down on me if I have too many.

My father in law got me drinking Michelob ultra and that's what I buy now if I'm picking up a weekend long beer. Or a bud light 30 pack. :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

bustayanky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my friend's house playing poker and his house has Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat on tap and it was quite tasty. One of my new faves as of late.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale; pricey, but excellent, and strong.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beer snob thread, one of my favorites.

At home right now
Three Floyd's dreadnought ipa
Pliny the elder. Had this on tap a few weeks ago which was mind blowing
Westvlataren 12
Goose island bourbon county stout
Three Floyd's dark lord
Kentucky bourbon stout
Some others in the cellar that I am forgetting.

Ones I drink more often
Victory Yakima glory
Left hand brewery milk stout
Goose island 312
St Bernadus 12
Chimay blue
Lindemans framboise for the wife

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back