Lets talk used water.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rockadile
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks. I dose Microbacter7 and have to say I notice a difference in clarity/ health of the tank. Apparently it binds to surfaces instead of remaining free floating. Can't help but wonder what happens when you baste your rock: does the bacteria remain on the surfaces regardless of flow/ agitation?
 
I don't see the need to reuse my old saltwater or anyone for that matter, however to stir the pot...

UV sterilizer usage in a reef tank....comments that follow topics on such is but not limited to

It kills the beneficial bacteria
It destroys the beneficial bacteria
There's no need since it kills good bacteria and other good organisms

I know it can kill other micro fauna but this reply is only for the bacteria in the water....

But I agree with the statement(s) that the amount of free floating bacteria is small (unless a bacteria bloom occurs) compared to what is on the surface of everything.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I don't see the need to reuse my old saltwater or anyone for that matter, however to stir the pot...

UV sterilizer usage in a reef tank....comments that follow topics on such is but not limited to

It kills the beneficial bacteria
It destroys the beneficial bacteria
There's no need since it kills good bacteria and other good organisms

I know it can kill other micro fauna but this reply is only for the bacteria in the water....

But I agree with the statement(s) that the amount of free floating bacteria is small (unless a bacteria bloom occurs) compared to what is on the surface of everything.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol spoken like a true attorney;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new