Let's try again

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i did not get a answer about the original question i asked in a 4 page thread i will ask again

i have a powder blue and a purple i AM adding a black when i get a 5 foot tank

the question is should i also add a gem to take some of the aggression off the black

TANG POLICE WILL BE REPORTED

all i need is a yes or no answer don't need a full life story why not to do it

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i did not get a answer about the original question i asked in a 4 page thread i will ask again

the question is should i also add a gem to take some of the aggression off the black

I personally would if you can get hold of one, it’s going to help with reducing aggression the only issue I see is with the gem and black - they’re almost identical so there could be slightly more aggression aimed towards eachother.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would if you can get hold of one, it’s going to help with reducing aggression the only issue I see is with the gem and black - they’re almost identical so there could be slightly more aggression aimed towards eachother.
ah true both black what about a yellow or maybe not even a zebrasoma? tomini/kole?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah true both black what about a yellow or maybe not even a zebrasoma? tomini/kole?
A yellow should work perfectly, a tomini/kole would go in and do nothing unfortunately - those guys get ignored by almost all tangs.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

N O !!!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
already been answered thanks
Another thing you could do as I’d personally try to avoid adding a 4th tang is adding a different but similar bodied fish that has the boisterous behaviour such as a Zosters or Pyramid Butterfly but isn’t a species of Tang. This will work in the same way but without having another hyperactive fish that could wipe out a tank :)

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing you could do as I’d personally try to avoid adding a 4th tang is adding a different but similar bodied fish that has the boisterous behaviour such as a Zosters or Pyramid Butterfly but isn’t a species of Tang. This will work in the same way but without having another hyperactive fish that could wipe out a tank :)
might look at pyramid butterfly then more chance of getting 1 than a yellow anyways + if i did manage to get a yellow would probs be very small

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back